Woot! It's HERE! C.S. Lewis Collection!!!!

Page 3 of 4 (67 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 66 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 171
Jerome Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 3 2015 10:00 AM

Now I am in too. I have many of the works listed already in my personal print library, but as a retired English teacher I see material pertaining to works about literature that I ought to read that are not in my print collection.

Now if I could only interest enough of you to get excited about some important works on Community Pricing (the recently listed works of J. R. Graves, the extensive collection I've tried to encourage more interest in on baptism): if an English teacher sees the extreme value and relevance of this CP material, some of you pastors and would-be theologians ought to get with it and see what I see and push these into production.

C. S. Lewis was most helpful for me in the area of apologetics, starting with his Mere Christianity. The CP material I reference is likewise helpful. That even a retired English teacher might know a tiny bit about the Bible ought to be evidenced by the fact that I edited and compiled the extensive cross references in the work under my name, The New Treasury of Scripture Knowledge, a volume that has far more answers to Bible questions and help to understanding all of Scripture than most owners of this work have any idea about. It is available in Logos Software.

Posts 792
James Hiddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 3 2015 11:04 AM

I wonder what their reason is not including Narnia?

Posts 2856
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 3 2015 11:14 AM

Wow the bar went right through, already under development! That was very fast!

Posts 244
Brian Losabia | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 3 2015 11:21 AM

That was less than 24 hours, I think.  Wowzers!

Posts 244
Brian Losabia | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 3 2015 11:30 AM

James Hiddle:

You'd have to think that it was related to some negotiations (presumably tough) with the publisher.  I hope that the huge response to this first C. S. Lewis offering might help to get the Narnia books into Logos now.  Also, after seeing how things like the Moody books, Ott's book from the Catholic libraries, the NIV 84, etc. can be abruptly removed from the store as contractual agreements change, I am highly motivated to add as much C. S. Lewis to my library as possible, while it is possible.

Posts 19689
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 3 2015 11:31 AM

Yeehaw! Yup, that was less than 24 hours. It was posted on pre-pub some time between 1:31pm and 2:08pm yesterday.

Posts 19689
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 3 2015 11:32 AM

Brian Losabia:
I am highly motivated to add as much C. S. Lewis to my library as possible, while it is possible.

Yes, smart move. With the history of such tight controls on his publications by C.S. Lewis's estate, and an heir (his stepson) still living, there's no telling what could change at any time.

EDIT:

Brian Losabia:

James Hiddle:

You'd have to think that it was related to some negotiations (presumably tough) with the publisher.  I hope that the huge response to this first C. S. Lewis offering might help to get the Narnia books into Logos now.

The Narnia books are available in other digital formats (Nook and Kindle, multiple editions, some less than $1 per volume!), so I'm sure it's only a matter of time before Logos can get them. Because they've been sold for film rights, these books probably have a different level of contract negotiation than his other writings.

Posts 5637
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 3 2015 12:23 PM

Rosie Perera:

Brian Losabia:

James Hiddle:

You'd have to think that it was related to some negotiations (presumably tough) with the publisher.  I hope that the huge response to this first C. S. Lewis offering might help to get the Narnia books into Logos now.

The Narnia books are available in other digital formats (Nook and Kindle, multiple editions, some less than $1 per volume!), so I'm sure it's only a matter of time before Logos can get them. Because they've been sold for film rights, these books probably have a different level of contract negotiation than his other writings.

Til We Have Faces is missing too (in addition to the other missing works previously mentioned), and that's probably not a victim of film rights. So hopefully, this is just the first collection, and we will get a second collection with Til We Have Faces, Surprised by Joy, Letters to Malcolm, The Four Loves, Reflections on the Psalms, and the Chronicles of Narnia.

Sadly I can't afford this collection at this time. I'm hoping everything will be available individually by next Christmas.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 1027
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 3 2015 1:06 PM

Todd Phillips:
I'm hoping everything will be available individually by next Christmas

Or maybe in time for March Madness Yes

Posts 19689
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 3 2015 1:08 PM

Todd Phillips:

So hopefully, this is just the first collection, and we will get a second collection with Til We Have Faces, Surprised by Joy, Letters to Malcolm, The Four Loves, Reflections on the Psalms, and the Chronicles of Narnia.

Todd Phillips:

Sadly I can't afford this collection at this time. I'm hoping everything will be available individually by next Christmas.

I would hope they'd do some sub-bundles too, like the Classics (Mere Christianity, The Screwtape Letters, The Great Divorce, The Abolition of Man, A Grief Observed, Miracles, Weight of Glory, The Problem of Pain), the Space Trilogy, Essay collections, Literary Criticism, Letters, and Miscellaneous. If Narnia and Till We Have Faces get added, then they could do a bundle of his Fiction which would include those and the Space Trilogy.

Two more I realized that are missing which I have in print are:

And more Lewisiana from my shelves:

Posts 461
Bill Cook | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 3 2015 1:42 PM

Wow! I'd really like to see individual titles for sale. The Collection's price of nearly $300 is a bit much to cough up.

Posts 1170
EastTN | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 3 2015 3:14 PM

Rosie Perera:

I would hope they'd do some sub-bundles too, like the Classics (Mere Christianity, The Screwtape Letters, The Great Divorce, The Abolition of Man, A Grief Observed, Miracles, Weight of Glory, The Problem of Pain), the Space Trilogy, Essay collections, Literary Criticism, Letters, and Miscellaneous.

YesYes

Posts 3262
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 3 2015 3:44 PM

Yasmin Stephen:
Some time ago I bought his three collections of letters (Kindle format) but haven't done anything with them yet.

You'll get way more use and value out of those letters in Logos, especially with the new markup and searching we're rolling out soon.

Posts 907
Brother Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 3 2015 5:58 PM

Brad Gault:

I still never understand why some items are pre-pub and others community pricing ... I would love to have this collection but just cannot do $300 ...

I hear that.  This price point is far above the resources value, in my opinion.... even though I love me some CSL.

"I read dead people..."

Posts 9816
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 3 2015 6:45 PM

Rosie Perera:
I would hope they'd do some sub-bundles too, like the Classics (Mere Christianity, The Screwtape Letters, The Great Divorce, The Abolition of Man, A Grief Observed, Miracles, Weight of Glory, The Problem of Pain), the Space Trilogy, Essay collections, Literary Criticism, Letters, and Miscellaneous. If Narnia and Till We Have Faces get added, then they could do a bundle of his Fiction which would include those and the Space Trilogy.

I do hope this happens in the future.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 519
Greg | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 3 2015 9:11 PM

Will these be available on mobile devices?

Posts 19689
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 3 2015 9:51 PM

Greg Masone:

Will these be available on mobile devices?

Yes. Here's where you look to find out:

Posts 812
Cynthia in Florida | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 5 2015 1:58 AM

Everett Headley:

I am not in.  There are only a couple of works I would want that I already have in pbb.  I think that the price is far too high.

Gotta agree...

Cynthia

Romans 8:28-38

Posts 3883
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 5 2015 5:50 PM

It seems that Faithlife is charging LOGOS prices for products that are better suited for Vyrso. 

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Page 3 of 4 (67 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS