Syntax search does not display matching verses

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 725
Harry Hahne | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jan 3 2015 8:44 PM

I am experiencing several bugs with Syntax searches In Logos 6.0b beta 4.

A Syntax search does not display any matching verses. Here is a simple example with a single search term in the Lexham Syntactic Greek New Testament:

When I run the search, here is what is displayed:

As you can see, it correctly finds 5 verses, but does not display a list of verses.

I tried changing to the Opentext Greek New Testament, but the Search window does not even give me the opportunity to design a search:

All of this worked great in Logos 5, even in various beta versions.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 3 2015 9:24 PM

Faithlife has replicated 6.0b Beta 4 AFAT Syntax Search not showing verse results and logged a bug => https://community.logos.com/forums/p/98496/680353.aspx#680353

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 725
Harry Hahne | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 3 2015 9:42 PM

Thanks.

For the Opentext, I could not even get the button that allows me to create the search query. So I think there are 2 bugs involved.

Posts 366
Bob Soule | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 8 2015 8:56 AM

Harry Hahne:

Thanks.

For the Opentext, I could not even get the button that allows me to create the search query. So I think there are 2 bugs involved.

Have you tried again with 6.0b RC1 to see if you get the button to create the search query. I get the button in both the Mac and Windows Logos 6.0b RC1.

Posts 725
Harry Hahne | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 8 2015 1:38 PM

Bob Soule:
Have you tried again with 6.0b RC1

It seems to return search results now.

In the search results window, if change from Lexham Syntactic Greek New Testament to Opentext I don't get a button to enter the syntax graph. I tend to reuse search windows rather than close one and open another. This does not seem to work on syntax searches. I suspect it was not designed to do this, unlike other types of searches.

If I open a new search window, I can create an Opentext search.

Posts 26963
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 8 2015 2:38 PM

The problem is that the Query button disappears after you run a Syntax Search from a floating window. So you can have Search pane with a Query button or the name of the last (floating) query you ran or with a drop down to select a Query (but no Query button) or with nothing, as pictured above! So selecting the main Search button can refresh/create a pane to provide a Query button, but it is very convoluted.

And some of the databases don't have pre-built templates to run a Query.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 366
Bob Soule | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 9 2015 7:18 AM

Dave Hooton:

The problem is that the Query button disappears after you run a Syntax Search from a floating window. So you can have Search pane with a Query button or the name of the last (floating) query you ran or with a drop down to select a Query (but no Query button) or with nothing, as pictured above! So selecting the main Search button can refresh/create a pane to provide a Query button, but it is very convoluted.

And some of the databases don't have pre-built templates to run a Query.

I have run across these issues as well. It does make it difficult to attempt to use this type of search effectively for someone like me who has used this search sparingly. Also, it would be nice to have some UI work done on the "Syntax Search(s)" to make them more uniform as well as an instructional video.

Posts 26963
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 10 2015 7:22 PM

Harry Hahne:

I've created a new thread to highlight this problem.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS