New behavior for "Links to Open Panels" visual filter

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 725
Harry Hahne | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jan 3 2015 9:18 PM

In earlier Logos versions, the "Links to Open Panels" visual filter would highlight a Bible verse in a resource if that verse was displayed on the page. It appears that now the word is only highlighted if the verses is the top verse in the Bible (i.e. the one in the location box.

In this example, Gal 5:20 is not highlighted in the resource on the right, even though the verse is displayed in the Bible on the left.

If I scroll the Bible up so that Gal 5:20 is the top verse, then the verse is highlighted. This is a much less informative behavior than the old behavior which highlighted in a resource any reference to a Bible verse currently visible on the screen.

Posts 26954
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 3 2015 10:44 PM

In 5.2b & 6.0a you have to scroll to that verse. Clicking in the verse does not work, though selecting a phrase does. If you click or highlight another verse (changing the displayed reference) the linked reference does not change. If you scroll away the linked reference is no longer highlighted.

How much earlier were you thinking?

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 725
Harry Hahne | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 4 2015 12:31 AM

Dave Hooton:
In 5.2b & 6.0a you have to scroll to that verse.

I am not sure when this behavior changed. I thought that in Logos 4 I could have multiple verses highlighted on a page. I noticed somewhere in the 5 series that the feature became more unpredictable. Today I messed with it to find out when it would actually highlight a verse and I was able to isolate how it actually behaves.

The feature is called "Links to Open Panels", not "Links to Current Verse". This sounds like any verses in an open panel will be highlighted in a resource with this Visual Filter turned on.

As I scroll through the Bible, from time to time more than one verse is highlighted. I am still trying to figure out the pattern.

I did stumble on a few cool features while experimenting with this.

1. If you type a range of verses in the Bible location box (e.g. Rom 4-5), any verses within that range will be highlighted in the resource with Links to Open Panels on.
  2. When you scroll through the Bible and hit the place where the Bible says "Chapter 4", all verses in chapter 4 will be highlighted.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS