Joel Osteen's sermon archive, PLEASE

Page 3 of 3 (52 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 51 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 5 2015 5:23 PM

Denise:

abondservant, I guess I'd be reluctant to use a lower-case 'g' on a theology that to a large degree is the OT, with Peter's quote of Joel at Pentecost.  

Now you probably think I'm defending Mr Osteen. Not.

My only point is that Logosians seem far more comfortable with resources that question God (upper-case 'g'), the writings, etc,  than they are with an individual down in Houston with a comparatively small church (compared to Houston, compared to any of the denominations).  My guess is the emotionalism of doctinal 'apostasy'.  Ditto with Bart.

And regarding sheeps clothing, I'd view the Logos platform direction with far more concern than Mr Osteen.  (Recognizing I agree with the Logos' direction;  I'm just surprised the evangelicals are so comfortable).

Plus we have to keep William happy with his popcorn.

Getting ready to pop some myself.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 3942
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 5 2015 6:30 PM

Denise:

abondservant, I guess I'd be reluctant to use a lower-case 'g' on a theology that to a large degree is the OT, with Peter's quote of Joel at Pentecost.  

Now you probably think I'm defending Mr Osteen. Not.

My only point is that Logosians seem far more comfortable with resources that question God (upper-case 'g'), the writings, etc,  than they are with an individual down in Houston with a comparatively small church (compared to Houston, compared to any of the denominations).  My guess is the emotionalism of doctinal 'apostasy'.  Ditto with Bart.

And regarding sheeps clothing, I'd view the Logos platform direction with far more concern than Mr Osteen.  (Recognizing I agree with the Logos' direction;  I'm just surprised the evangelicals are so comfortable).

Plus we have to keep William happy with his popcorn.

I am going to reserve my comments for a thread on christian discourse should someone start one :)

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 18857
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 5 2015 7:22 PM

Denise:
an individual down in Houston with a comparatively small church

He is the pastor of the largest congregation in the U.S. -- 43,000 members. Plus millions who watch him on TV.

"One of the most influential and recognized pastors in America" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWF5IUvXgZc 

Denise:

The word "evangelical" encompasses a broad spectrum. While plenty are fine with the broadening of Logos's catalog, some aren't and have griped about it, and probably many who aren't keep their mouths shut or have abandoned Logos because of it. 

Posts 525
Kent | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 6 2015 12:43 PM

Denise:
The Houston-wonder-boy probably has a closer reading, than the well educated seminarians.

I seriously doubt this.

http://www.freerepublic.com/

"According to Joel Osteen – Pastor of Lakewood Church in Houston, Texas, these first century apostles are wrong and outdated and he has come out boldly to infer indirectly that Apostles Paul, Peter, and John whom wrote much of the New Testament were wrong and need to be corrected and rebuked."

Posts 3160
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 6 2015 1:07 PM

Please remember the Logos forums are for the discussion of Logos resources, and products. It is NOT for discussing the relevancy, quality, orthodoxy , theological relevancy of anyone or anything. Please leave those discussions in http://christiandiscourse.com

Thanks!

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 6 2015 7:27 PM

abondservant:
Guessing this thread will likely have a "Bram Stokers Dracula" level backlash. 

How did you ever know?

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 3942
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 6 2015 8:07 PM

Super.Tramp:

abondservant:
Guessing this thread will likely have a "Bram Stokers Dracula" level backlash. 

How did you ever know?

Its a gift. There are some that venerate me with the title "Captain Obvious".

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 10636
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 6 2015 8:09 PM

Good one, abondservant!

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Posts 148
Michael Wert | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 9 2015 4:08 AM

Michael Sullivan:

I am strangely reminded of this video . . .

watch?v=lhn 6xj8QZI

Thanks, you made my day!

Posts 1700
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 9 2015 5:40 AM

God bless Mr. Osteen with wisdom and Biblically centered, right-minded, Holy-Spirit corrected, Truth.

Posts 502
Randall Hartman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 9 2015 6:27 AM

MUST. KEEP. BITING. END. OF. TONGUE. Sad

Posts 790
James Hiddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 9 2015 9:58 AM

JoshInRI:

God bless Mr. Osteen with wisdom and Biblically centered, right-minded, Holy-Spirit corrected, Truth.

Page 3 of 3 (52 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS