The Bible and Homosexual Practice: Texts and Hermeneutics by Robert A. J. Gagnon

Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 23 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 118
Michael Fordham | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 2 2015 10:49 AM

Leigh Vander Woude:

Thank you for the book suggestion! I'll be sure to add this title to our list of book candidates.

Hi Leigh,

Any updates on this resource becoming available?

Many thanks!

Michael

Posts 1578
Kenute P. Curry | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 3 2015 8:38 AM

OH I have already read this book by Robert A.J. Gagnon, and it is awesome . I give this YesYesYesYesYes up, and beyond that. I have the paperback copy, and it would be a very valuable source here on LOGOS, or even VYRSO. I suggested this book awhile back also, but nothing was ever done about getting it here on LOGOS. 

Posts 1355
Edwin Bowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 3 2015 8:58 AM

Alain Maashe:

With the release of "Homosexuality" by De Young yesterday, I was again reminded that Logos is still lacking the other top book on the topic, admirably defending the traditional and biblical view. I am tempted to get the kindle version from Amazon but would prefer to get it in Logos because it is a book that greatly benefits from tagging and links to the vast number of primary and secondary sources.

Come on Logos make it happen already!

Gagnon is considered the authoritative work. Must be added to Logos.

DeYoung's great book has a great annotated bibliography on the subject. Unfortunately many of his recommended titles are not available from Logos.

https://vyrso.com/product/50435/what-does-the-bible-really-teach-about-homosexuality

Including:

Allberry, Is God Anti-Gay?

Burk, What Is the Meaning of Sex?

Schmidt, Straight and Narrow:  Compassion and Clarity in the Homosexuality Debate

Heimbach, Why Not Same-Sex Marriage? A Manual for Defending Marriage against Radical Deconstruction

Esolen, Defending Marriage:  Twelve Arguments for Sanity

George, The Meaning of Marriage

Girgis & George, What Is Marriage? Man and Woman

Lee & George, Conjugal Union:  What Marriage Is and Why It Matters

Posts 1699
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 3 2015 9:39 AM

I can stick to The Truth found in The Bible.  While so many would go to condemning texts, like the one so many are fond of in Leviticus, I tend to favor "Be Holy" from the same Book and the verses that show how clearly Jesus wanted us to love, honor, and obey The Father.

Books on the sacredness of God-ordained, heterosexual, one man and one woman, holy marriage as God intended and not as the enemy seeks to pervert and pull down - seem more necessary to me.  I previously recommended this one and am using it in Seminary right now at (online) Luther Rice Seminary right now.  https://vyrso.com/product/14440/god-marriage-and-family-rebuilding-the-biblical-foundation 

God bless your day everyone.

Joshua in Rhode Island
(a repentant, redeemed, thankful, faithful to God, happily now married to a Christ-honoring loving woman I serve Christ with, same-sex-attracted-but-no-longer-letting-it-control-my-life-man, who once had/dissolved an unholy union with a man in RI long before this State capitulated and chose to forsake God.  Glory to God...Jesus Lead On!)

Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS