Logos 6.0b (6.0.2.0042) now available

Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 26 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1258
LogosEmployee
Dylan Rondeau | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jan 14 2015 1:59 PM

Logos 6.0b (6.0.2.0042) is available for download.

If you have automatic updates turned on, 6.0b will be downloaded automatically the next time your system checks for updates. To install it right away, enter the Update Now command. 

Release Notes

This release features:

• A focus on bug fixes, including a fix to the download stalling issue for users on Mac OS 10.10 Yosemite. This was optional in 6.0a, and is now on by default for users running 6.0b.
  • Numerous crash fixes, including a crash on the Home Page for users with the "NRSV Apocrypha Reading Plan" daily devotional resource that was causing crashes on load for many users.
  • Fix for frequently-reported issue of the Library only displaying Titles in Details view.
  • Added Find (Ctrl/Cmd + F) support to the Atlas tool, and improved tracking for searched locations within maps.
  • Added additional data to the Information tool, and improved the sorting of options within it.
  • Improved the speed of scrolling the Library on Windows.

Note: If you had previously updated to 6.0b RC 2 via set update channel to beta, you will need to enter set update channel to stable to return to the stable channel. Since RC 2 is the same as 6.0b, you shouldn't need to download anything, and will then get Service Releases for 6.0b.

Dylan Rondeau, Software Tester

Enable Logging: Mac | Windows (Right-click "Save As...")

Posts 459
Mark Nolette | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 15 2015 4:39 AM

I am running Logos (Verbum) 6 on a MacBook Pro that runs Yosemite. I haven't had the download stalling issue for some time now. Ironically. I am having the download stalling (actually a download loop) trying to install this update, the one that's supposed to fix the problem! 

Is it possible to download this update from the Logos web site, or in some other way? My download of this update has stopped and restarted at least five times already! Thanks!

Edit: I let the download loop do its thing while I worked on other things. Lo and behold, the download finally completed!

Posts 96
Ruben Gomez | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 15 2015 4:58 AM

After downloading this update I've lost all my Interactive Tools!! (see this thread)

Running Mac OS X Yosemite.

Rubén Gómez

Posts 1935
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 15 2015 5:29 AM

Mark Nolette:

Is it possible to download this update from the Logos web site, or in some other way? My download of this update has stopped and restarted at least five times already! Thanks!

Go here: https://www.logos.com/install

Posts 612
John Brumett | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 15 2015 6:08 AM

Find (Ctrl/Cmd + F) not working in the update of the Atlas.  Can anyone else confirm?  

Posts 25331
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 15 2015 6:17 AM

John Brumett:
Find (Ctrl/Cmd + F) not working in the update of the Atlas.  Can anyone else confirm?  

It's working for me - on Windows - for places in the currently open window. Do you get this / where you expecting something different?

Ifs probably better to create a new thread outlining exactly what you are seeing / what you are expecting.

Posts 612
John Brumett | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 15 2015 6:31 AM

Here is a screenshot.  The city is X out in Red even though it is on the Map.

Posts 25331
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 15 2015 6:37 AM

John Brumett:
Here is a screenshot.  The city is X out in Red even though it is on the Map.

That I can reproduce

Please start a separate thread - with a subject field starting with "Bug" to draw attention to this

Posts 14
Wes Hill | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 15 2015 9:30 AM

I updated to 6.0b on Win 8.1 and can use part of the program ie open a single bible and read it.  When I try to use a Layout or a Sermon Starter Guide Logos crashes and I get a message saying it has stopped working.   Any other users with this probelm?

Posts 25331
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 15 2015 9:34 AM

Wes Hill:

I updated to 6.0b on Win 8.1 and can use part of the program ie open a single bible and read it.  When I try to use a Layout or a Sermon Starter Guide Logos crashes and I get a message saying it has stopped working.   Any other users with this probelm?

I am running 6.0b on Windows 8.1 and can use Layouts or the SSG without any problem.

Please start a new thread, provide as many details as possible, enable diagnostic logging and post logs after a crash as per https://www.logos.com/support/logos6/windows/report-problem 

Posts 19
Rich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 15 2015 11:01 AM

I upgraded and now when I open Personal Books and click on a book it opens in edit mode.  Even if I click on the "open" like to the right.  The only way it seems to actually open a Personal Book now is to go into edit mode, and then click "open" at the bottom of the edit mode window.

I reboot Logos.  Problem persist.

I rebuilt books.  Problem persist.

Posts 29887
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 15 2015 12:33 PM

Rich:

I upgraded and now when I open Personal Books and click on a book it opens in edit mode.  Even if I click on the "open" like to the right.  The only way it seems to actually open a Personal Book now is to go into edit mode, and then click "open" at the bottom of the edit mode window.

I reboot Logos.  Problem persist.

I rebuilt books.  Problem persist.

Why are you opening the personal book via the personal book builder tool (which is intended to build books, not manage them)? Just use the library! 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 623
JAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 15 2015 12:59 PM

alabama24:
Just use the library!
Hmm

Rich also documented his problem, and had it confirmed, here:

Personal Books broke after program update (14Jan2015)

https://community.logos.com/forums/p/99264/685424.aspx#685424

"The Christian mind is the prerequisite of Christian thinking. And Christian thinking is the prerequisite of Christian action." - Harry Blamires, 1963

Posts 9153
LogosEmployee

Rich:
I upgraded and now when I open Personal Books and click on a book it opens in edit mode.

Is this the same problem you reported here? https://community.logos.com/forums/t/99264.aspx 

Let's move the discussion to that thread.

Posts 19
Rich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 15 2015 3:19 PM

Bradley,

Yes, it is the same issue.  I saw this thread and figured it was more appropriate topic wise.  I also though since the other thread is so generic and contains so many post it would get over looked.

Thanks.

Posts 29887
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 15 2015 3:36 PM

JAL:
alabama24:
Just use the library!
Hmm

If you open the personal book from the library, it opens up. I was curious why the user was going to the personal book builder tool to open a personal book instead of using the library. 

Posts 33744
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 15 2015 3:49 PM

I frequently open from the Personal book tool simply because it is open and the Library pane is not.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 29887
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 15 2015 4:00 PM

MJ. Smith:

I frequently open from the Personal book tool simply because it is open and the Library pane is not.

What is performance like on PC? How many personal books do you have? (I have 166 and it is SLUGGISH just to scroll down 3-4 books). 

Posts 33744
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 15 2015 4:47 PM

I don't have many at the moment as I've not had time to systematically recompile since the death of my previous machine. Scrolling isn;t problematic now. We'll see if it stays that way.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 5318
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 15 2015 4:48 PM

alabama24:

MJ. Smith:

What is performance like on PC? How many personal books do you have? (I have 166 and it is SLUGGISH just to scroll down 3-4 books). 

I only have about 65 books and Verbum 6.0b... and i have no scrolling issues.. However I have had several issues with right clicks ending in hanging.... I have just decided to avoid doing that till a new version is released...

-Dan

Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS