Logos 6.0b (6.0.2.0042) now available

Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 26 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 19
Rich | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 16 2015 5:52 AM

alabama24,

I used it just because I was used to clicking on "Tools" and then "Personal Books".  I guess it was just habit from when I first learned how to create them.  I guess using the Library is also a viable option.  In fact, I have started using that method.  Just never really dawned on me.

Posts 7
Damon J. Gray | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 16 2015 7:04 AM

I am brand new to Logos, and this is my first post.  I wish it were more positive.

I do have updates on, and am informed this morning of a new update available.  It downloads, begins to install and then fails, reporting that the file C:\Logos\System\fr\Libronix.SearchEngine.resources.dll cannot be written.  

When I navigate to that address, I do see a 0k file there by that name.  Properties show that it is not hidden and not read only.  No idea why Logos cannot write the file.  

Any solutions?

Posts 25343
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 16 2015 7:11 AM

Hi Damon - and welcome to the forums

Sorry to hear you are having problems.

It is possible that there may be some folder permission problems - particularly if you have previously installed Logos software using admin privileges

Please have a look at https://wiki.logos.com/Fixing_Logos_4_folder_Ownership and see if this applies to what you are seeing (it was written for Logos 4 but the principles are still valid)

If this doesn't fix it please start a new thread providing as many details as you can

Graham 

Posts 7
Damon J. Gray | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 16 2015 7:20 AM

Graham,

Thank you for such a quick reply!!

I did check the permissions on that folder, just as the post suggests.  I am the owner of the folder rather than the admin account, so that is not the issue, but interestingly, the error message is exactly  what that posting says it is.

I'll continue to wrestle with it, and if I cannot get the update to work, will post a new thread as you suggest.

Thanks again!

EDIT:

Aha!!  Using the logic in the post you (Graham) suggested, I applied the same process to the offending folder (rather than the one suggested in the document) and indeed the Admin owns the "fr" folder inside the Logos install directory. I'll work that issue and see if it clears up the problem!

EDIT #2: 

Shazaam!!  Now we're cooking with gas!!  That fixed the issue.  Thank you Graham.  You're a gentleman and a scholar!!  Wink

Posts 1875
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 16 2015 7:37 AM

I am finding that many of the issues with speed, scrolling, clippings, etc are resolved in L 6.0b. Big Smile

Thanks, devs.

Every blessing

Alan

iMac Retina 5K, 27": 3.6GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9; 16GB RAM;MacOS 10.15.5; 1TB SSD; Logos 8

MacBook Air 13.3": 1.8GHz; 4GB RAM; MacOS 10.13.6; 256GB SSD; Logos 8

iPad Pro 32GB WiFi iOS 13.5.1

iPhone 8+ 64GB iOS 13.5.1

Posts 623
JAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 16 2015 7:45 AM

Alan Macgregor:
many of the issues with speed, scrolling, clippings, etc are resolved

Glad to read this.

"The Christian mind is the prerequisite of Christian thinking. And Christian thinking is the prerequisite of Christian action." - Harry Blamires, 1963

Posts 25343
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 16 2015 8:13 AM

Damon J. Gray:

Shazaam!!  Now we're cooking with gas!!  That fixed the issue.  Thank you Graham.  You're a gentleman and a scholar!!  Wink

Pleased to help. Damon, and glad you have it working.

And please feel free to post back with any questions about the use of Logos software

Graham

Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS