Personal Books broke after program update (14Jan2015)

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 19
Rich | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jan 14 2015 4:38 PM

Launched Logos today when i got home from work.  I performed a 200 MB download (program update).  After installation and relaunch of Logos when I open Personal Books and click on any book to open, it opens it in editing mode.  I even click on the "open" command to the right and it still opens in edit mode.  Everything worked just fine last night while working on a personal book.

Have rebuilt book and problem still persist.
Have rebooted Logos and problem still persist.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 14 2015 5:08 PM

Rich:
After installation and relaunch of Logos when I open Personal Books and click on any book to open, it opens it in editing mode.  I even click on the "open" command to the right and it still opens in edit mode.

I got today's update and can confirm half of your problem (wierd).  My personal books open in edit mode. When I click on "open" it does open the book for me.   

Hope Faithlife gets it fixed soon.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 19
Rich | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 14 2015 6:24 PM

Thanks for the confirmation!

Posts 9153
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 15 2015 12:58 PM

Update: sounds like this is only a problem on Mac.

I'm not able to reproduce this problem (or am misunderstanding it). When I click "Open", the personal book opens. Can you upload a screenshot illustrating the problem you're seeing?

Posts 9
LogosEmployee
Matthew Pearson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 15 2015 1:51 PM

Hi Rich,

I'm the fellow who introduced this bug and I want to apologize for the inconvenience. In the meantime, you can open your personal books from Edit mode by clicking the blue "Open" text immediately to the left of the "Build book" button. I'm also working on a proper fix as I type.

Thanks,

Matthew

Posts 19333
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 15 2015 1:59 PM

Matthew Pearson:
I'm the fellow who introduced this bug and I want to apologize for the inconvenience.

Wow, you don't get that kind of personal accountability from a developer at any other company. Kudos Matthew for your honesty, and blessings as you work on the fix.

Posts 19
Rich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 15 2015 3:23 PM

Matthew,

Thanks for the reply.  Glad to know you're working on it.  I'm also surprised to actually hear from the programmer.  That is some amazing service.  Why to go!

Rich

Posts 29932
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 15 2015 3:41 PM

Rich:
After installation and relaunch of Logos when I open Personal Books and click on any book to open, it opens it in editing mode.

For clarification: You are trying to open personal books via the personal book builder tool, right? Is there a reason you aren't using the library to open your personal books? 

I have over 150 personal books, and trying to navigate the personal book builder is quite a challenge (very slow, etc.). I avoid the PBB tool unless I am actually building a personal book. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 19
Rich | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 16 2015 5:53 AM

alabama,

yes that is how I was opening them.  See my other reply to you on the other thread.

Posts 9
LogosEmployee
Matthew Pearson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 19 2015 11:52 AM

Hi Rich,

Quick follow-up: the Open button will be fixed in a forthcoming program update.

Clicking on the book itself will continue to take you to editing mode. (We made that change to make Logos's behavior more consistent across platforms.)

Thanks again for your patience and support.

Matthew

Posts 1471
Angela Murashov | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 21 2015 12:56 PM

Matthew Pearson:
Quick follow-up: the Open button will be fixed in a forthcoming program update.

This is fixed in 6.0b SR-1. 

Posts 19
Rich | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 21 2015 1:25 PM

Excellent guys!  Thanks a million!  Although, I'm not sure why you would make the default edit mode when one clicks on a book in the book builder window.  The natural function in a person's mind when one double clicks on something is for it to open.  Editing should require the extra effort ie. clicking it once to select it to make active and then clicking on the edit option.  But, at least I can open the book now from the book builder window.  The funny thing is, now I'm already use to opening a personal book via the library thanks to the suggestion by another poster.  :)

Thanks again guys!

Posts 27257
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 24 2015 1:41 PM

Just for clarity. This is about a Logos 6 problem in the Logos 5 forum!

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS