Change the name of a note file

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 33261
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jan 18 2010 1:31 AM

I apparently misremembered - I thought that there was a little pencil floating around to let me change the name of a note file? Am I correct in thinking that this is a coming soon feature? Hint, hint someone from the beta test please answer ...  It's not a biggie if it isn't in the beta - just my perfectionist streak wanting to get the titles just right.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2759
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 18 2010 2:28 AM

yes, its in the sr3 as well, but is VERY faint, if your contrast is too high it might be hiding..

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Posts 236
Bruce Junkermann | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 19 2010 10:31 AM

DominicM:

yes, its in the sr3 as well, but is VERY faint, if your contrast is too high it might be hiding..

Dominic, I don't see this.  Where are you looking?

Posts 582
Gary O'Neal | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 19 2010 10:58 AM

BruceJunkermann:
Dominic, I don't see this.  Where are you looking?

Bruce

You have to scroll to the very top of the note file where the name is.

πάντα εἰς δόξαν θεοῦ ποιεῖτε

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 19 2010 11:02 AM

personally, I think "rename" should be added to the right click menu of a "File" selection in order to be consistent with other places it is possible.

Anonymous | | Replied: Tue, Jan 19 2010 11:13 AM

+1 for Philip's suggestion.

My name is Adam. I work at Faithlife with the software teams responsible for the Logos desktop and web apps.

Message me on Faithlife.com >>

Posts 33261
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 19 2010 12:06 PM

Philip Spitzer:
personally, I think "rename" should be added to the right click menu of a "File" selection in order to be consistent with other places it is possible.

Since I was the one who "knew where it was" and still couldn't find it, I agree with Philip. I am not used to having the file name treated as part of the file content. I expect I'll make the same mistake several times before it becomes natural. If, however, you switched the terminology to "document" rather than "file", I would see the logic of the current system for name changes.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 236
Bruce Junkermann | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 19 2010 1:23 PM

Thanks!  When I first saw this come up yesterday I checked one of my note files and saw the pencil.  Then today at work I looked again, thinking I had seen it, but was not seeing it now.  Agree this strange to look in the document for the pencil.

Posts 10832
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 21 2010 7:30 PM

Philip Spitzer:

I Agree

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS