Forced update?!? What were you thinking?

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 117
Murray W | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jan 17 2015 1:36 PM

I can't believe this. Have just gone to load Proclaim on the church laptop and found that we are forced to do an update now, on a Sunday morning. There was no option to do the update later or to skip it, so we are forced to watch the incredibly slow download right before a service is due to start.

Please NEVER do something like this to us again!

Angry

Posts 22197
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 17 2015 1:42 PM

Murray W:
Have just gone to load Proclaim on the church laptop and found that we are forced to do an update now, on a Sunday morning.

Was this to 1.26?

If so the discussion at https://community.logos.com/forums/t/99185.aspx may provide some context.

I am sure there was no intention to cause problems

Posts 117
Murray W | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 17 2015 5:52 PM

I'm sure that there wasn't an intention to cause problems, but to force an update to computers that may not be turned on until the morning of a service is really really unhelpful. I doubt that any of us check the forums each week to see if there are any forced updates that are going to be required to install before we can run our services.

If there is going to be a forced update I would appreciate much more notice, and not just on the forums. This caused a lot of extra stress for those involved in the projection side of our worship this morning. 

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 17 2015 8:12 PM

Murray W:
If there is going to be a forced update I would appreciate much more notice, and not just on the forums. This caused a lot of extra stress for those involved in the projection side of our worship this morning. 

Sorry for the disruption this caused your prior to service. I think we should be able to show an in app message about an upcoming required update the week prior. Thanks for the feedback.

Posts 117
Murray W | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 17 2015 8:43 PM

Just an idea, but it's probably not too late to either not force the update for Sunday morning for your US/Canadian userbase, or send them an email warning them that this is going to happen on their service computer. 

Posts 36
SBC Online Team | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 18 2015 1:56 AM

I've got the same problem, except it's stuck on the very first item 'Downloading Logos 5 Web Script' [no progress at all]. Have retried 10 times, including downloading via the website (out of desperation).

Our service starts (UK) in just over an hour - and I've got nothing.

Any suggestions?!

Posts 36
SBC Online Team | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 18 2015 2:06 AM

Thankfully a reboot of the PC has solved it. Now installed and has loaded up. Feeling nervous though as I have no time to test it before the service.

I understand the need to force an update occasionally, but you really need to think of a better way of managing it and notifying users. :/

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS