Logos 6 is really slow

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 232
Joel Madasu | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jan 18 2015 8:04 PM

Logos 6 is really acting slow from last week or so. 

Please see the link below, and also the logs.

Thank you

Joel

http://youtu.be/YEwgmnAVKaQ

7217.LogosLogs.joelmadasu.20150118-212735.zip

Posts 607
LogosEmployee
Alan Palmer (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 18 2015 9:40 PM

Joel, thank you for reporting the issue. Hebrew text rendering in Logos 6 had a performance bug that has been resolved internally and should be released soon. Based on your screencast, I believe this is the major contributing factor to your frustration.

I will see what I can do about getting this into an SR for 6.0b so users like yourself don't have to wait until 6.1 to see improvement with rendering Hebrew text.

Posts 912
David Knoll | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 19 2015 12:08 AM

Alan Palmer (Faithlife):
I will see what I can do about getting this into an SR for 6.0b so users like yourself don't have to wait until 6.1 to see improvement with rendering Hebrew text.

Yes please! It is unbearable!

Posts 468
BKMitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 19 2015 1:03 AM

Alan Palmer (Faithlife):
Hebrew text rendering in Logos 6 had a performance bug that has been resolved internally and should be released soon.

Thank you!

חַפְּשׂוּ בַּתּוֹרָה הֵיטֵב וְאַל תִּסְתַּמְּכוּ עַל דְּבָרַי

Posts 232
Joel Madasu | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 19 2015 5:11 AM

Hi Alan, thank you for the response!

Alan Palmer (Faithlife):
I believe this is the major contributing factor to your frustration.

Yes, it is! I use software everyday as I am working on my dissertation. It worked pretty good for a while though. So, if I want to cite/quote/read material, it takes lot more time then what it used to; and I am running on deadlines so all this adds up :)

Alan Palmer (Faithlife):
I will see what I can do

Thank you so much!

Posts 607
LogosEmployee
Alan Palmer (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 19 2015 11:56 AM

Joel, can you try disabling the "Links to open panels" visual filter in all resources?

Let me know if that makes a difference for you.

Posts 232
Joel Madasu | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 19 2015 5:13 PM

Hello Alan, I disabled that and also any links for Notes. It still is slow. Actually, when I try to scroll a resource, or click on a new/existing tab to change resources - its taking more time now then before. Sometimes, when I try to change the tab/resource (click on another book tab), it actually closes the tab. And when I click on a hyperlink to any resource, that "star thing" will stay bright and shiny for sometime, then the mouse pointer/wheel thing will start spinning till its tired :) 

I am really not sure what is going on! I also checked the life of the hard drive and it is good. 

Posts 232
Joel Madasu | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 19 2015 5:14 PM

I also turned off the internet. 

Posts 493
Mr. Simple | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 19 2015 6:05 PM

That is amazing that you can turn off the internet. Even the NSA has a bit of trouble tackling that. Can you turn it back on?

Posts 232
Joel Madasu | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 19 2015 6:06 PM

Haha.. I meant, I turned off the "Use Internet" option in Logos preferences :)

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS