Why do Logos salespeople keep harassing me by sending repeated emails?

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 2
Sheng-Ta Tsai | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jan 20 2015 9:39 PM

As stated in the subject line, I got repeated "personal invitation" from a Rachel. After she sent me about six emails, I wrote her back, criticizing her for being so pushy and that she should take no reply as meaning "not interested", not "failing to get her email so she should write more to make sure I get it." Then she stopped. Two months later, here is an Aaron who wrote to me with the same pattern.  After three emails, I wrote him back, requesting him for his supervisor's contact information. No reply.

I don't know if Logos people would see this post, but if you do, please understand that customers do not appreciate constant "door-knocking." Please respect our freedom to NOT reply to your "personal invitation," and change your sales strategy. If you keep up with this kind of intrusive harassment, you will surely lose more customers than gaining. 

Posts 184
LogosEmployee
Dan Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 20 2015 9:57 PM

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, as it does seem out of the norm. I will discuss this with the appropriate manager as soon as possible.

If you are able, please forward me a copy of your emails to Rachel and Aaron so I may find out how they were managed within our system, and use them with the appropriate individuals for training purposes. Thank you, and sorry for getting to a point where it rose to this level of concern.

-Dan 

dan@logos.com

Posts 2
Sheng-Ta Tsai | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 20 2015 10:52 PM

email sent to you just now

Posts 1
Michael Durell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 31 2015 4:06 PM

Hi Logos, 

Your marketing tactics have become annoying. I received a phone call at 645AM this morning from "Jeremy" who wanted to sell me a Logos base package, which I cannot afford. I have already communicated this via email 3+ times. Oh, and he woke me up. Safe to say I didn't pick up. Instead, he left a voice mail.

Please inform your salespeople that this tactic is not appreciated. I feel like the company does not care about its customers' wishes. 

I have bought what I need and continue to do so. 

Thanks for your understanding. 

Posts 3333
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 31 2015 4:22 PM

I have received similar sales solicitations- simply asked them to mark my account "do not solicit" happily no further issuesBig Smile Thanks 

Posts 5927
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 31 2015 5:13 PM

My (personal) wish is that Faithlife sales reps, when sending me email solicitations, would send me ones that include the correct currency (CAN) and which do not give me an inaccurate number (in USD) as that cost-to-me if I just bought whatever, usually a base package, without taking advantage of their offer.

TL;DR: Please (1) fact-check the non-discounted $'s in your solicitations and (2) include local currency approximations when offering me deals on base packages.

Please use descriptive thread titles to attract helpful posts & save others time. Thanks!

Posts 4165
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 31 2015 6:38 PM

Some of the best deals I've gotten have been from sales people emailing me out of the blue.

L2 lvl4 (...) WORDsearch, L9

Posts 9797
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 1 2015 3:41 AM

abondservant:

Some of the best deals I've gotten have been from sales people emailing me out of the blue.

I was getting a number of out of the blue phone calls in the past but never an email. I didn't really like the calls but I wouldn't mind emails.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 2682
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 1 2015 5:31 AM

As somebody who is temporarily in sales, I have heard the phrase "go for the no" repeatedly by our leaders. The idea is that as a sales person you have not pushed hard enough until the customer says "no". Once you get the "no" you can move on and know you've done your best. "no answer" does not equal "no"; it usually means "I'm still thinking about it".  Especially in emails which can get deleted without being read or filtered into spam folders. A rule of marketing is that a person has to hear about something 7 times before he/she will make a decision. So (while I hate unsolicited email and pushy sales people as much as you) it might be helpful to think of this salesperson as just doing his/her job.

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 1 2015 7:52 AM

David Thomas:
As somebody who is temporarily in sales, I have heard the phrase "go for the no" repeatedly by our leaders.

David, 

Please clarify, do you work in Sales for Faithlife or some other company? I can read it either way. (Sometimes I am a bit slow.)

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 30488
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 1 2015 8:07 AM

David does not work for Logos. He is explaining what it is like to work in sales, in general.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 10888
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 1 2015 5:11 PM

David Thomas:
So (while I hate unsolicited email and pushy sales people as much as you) it might be helpful to think of this salesperson as just doing his/her job.

Judge Ziglar (Zig's brother I think) once wrote a book entitled Timid Salesmen have skinny kids. Perhaps those persistent FL sales people are just working to make sure their children are not malnourished Stick out tongue

Posts 2682
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 2 2015 4:01 PM

alabama24:

David does not work for Logos. He is explaining what it is like to work in sales, in general.

Yes

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS