Need help with a custom search query - the emotions of God

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 133
jwsheets | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jan 21 2015 5:33 PM

Hi,

I recently did a mini teaching series on the emotions of God (how He feels like/but unlike us and how so much of Who He is and what He did/does is in the context of hos He feels toward us His creation/family in Christ. I am wanting to expand on that theme. I have Logos 6 - Gold. Can anyone suggest how I can do a Bible search on the emotions of God - my ultimate hoped for goal is to find every Bible reference related to God and His emotions.

Thanks,

James

Posts 19229
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 21 2015 6:02 PM

I did a search in my Library, with "Match all word forms" on, for "God emotions" (like that with the quotes around it), figuring it would find all mentions of things like "God's emotions"; "God, emotion"; "God, emotions of" and such. That was helpful. Your mileage may vary, depending on what you have in your library.

Some of the helpful stuff I found:

Also a search for "emotions of God" found many hits, including:

Posts 32189
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 21 2015 6:24 PM

I would do a Bible search with <LouwNida 25.1-25.296> <Person God> and consider adding a proximity parameter between them after reviewing the output as I get about 450 verses on the NRSV

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS