Should I upgrade to Silver?

Page 2 of 2 (25 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 24 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 172
LogosEmployee
Jonathan J Watson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 23 2015 11:05 AM

I know you said that Gold was out of the budget range, but let me offer this. 

While Silver does include:

• Lenski's Commentary on the New Testament (12 vols.)
  • Socio-Rhetorical Commentary (10 vols.)
  • The New American Commentary Series (41 vols.)

Gold includes all of these, AND adds: 

• Black's New Testament Commentary (13 vols.)
  • Pillar New Testament Commentary (15 vols.)
  • New International Greek Testament Commentary (13 vols.)
  • UBS Handbook Series on Old and New Testaments (55 vols.)

And, I would argue, that those four additional sets in Gold offer unique perspectives, so as to provide you with the value of consulting each of them on a passage. 

Posts 9566
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 23 2015 4:04 PM

Jonathan J Watson:

And, I would argue, that those four additional sets in Gold offer unique perspectives, so as to provide you with the value of consulting each of them on a passage. 

I totally agree that these 4 additions make gold very attractive.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 8032
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 23 2015 4:21 PM

Bruce Dunning:

Jonathan J Watson:

I totally agree that these 4 additions make gold very attractive.

Not only that, but having Gold significantly reduces the price on other denominational base packages; so you'll be saving even more with dynamic pricing.  I own Platinum standard and that help me get other denominational base packages at a very reduced price.

DAL

Posts 2

I highly recommend upgrading to Silver. You will get the New American Commentary with the upgrade, which will give you more commentaries on more books, but will not give you the same comments. The NAC is a more in-depth set than the MaxArthur, which is a preaching commentary. 

I actually think you should upgrade to Gold, however. With it you get the Pillar set, which is arguably the best commentary of it's kind. Plus, with Gold, you get all of the Logos 6 features that you do not get with Bronze or Silver. If you spend $500 right now, you get a $50 credit too!

At least fo for Silver. If you do, call John Groce at (360) 398-5116 and mention my name (Daniel Eichelberger), you might get a good deal.

I promise I do not work for Logos :)

Blessings!

Posts 8032
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 25 2015 6:54 PM

Daniel Eichelberger - Harvest Christian Fellowship - Account 8:

mention my name (Daniel Eichelberger), you might get a good deal.

LOL you are so funny! If you are doing it for the $30 credit you think you're going to get forget it you won't get it.  It only works when people buy a brand-new base package you don't get it when someone upgrades. The OP has already purchased a brand-new base package he just wants to know if he should upgrade or not (which he already did) so mentioning your name will not get you any credit... :-D so yes I believe you when you say you don't work for Logos LOL

DAL

Page 2 of 2 (25 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS