BUG: Opening All In A Floating Window . . .

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 270
Stein Dahl | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jan 18 2010 1:23 PM

I have a suggestion:

• Please make it so that if you Open All In A Floating Window - when you close it - (i.e.; X out) - it just puts the floating window back where it came from

That's what I would want it to do.  That's what I expect it to do.  But that is not what it does!

It just closes all the books I had open in that tile and messes up my saved layout. 

Thankfully I have it saved but I shouldn't have to re-apply my saved layout just to put a floating window with several books in it back where it came from - because if I do this then I lose my place in the current study I'm doing.  The whole program goes back to where I saved it last, which is related to a completely different passage, and I lose my place.

And if I click on the floating window option to Dock This Panel - it doesn't dock the whole panel (or tile) with all of its books back to where it came from.  It only docks one book at a time and it puts them in another tile. That's not right at all.

It shouldn't do this.

PLEASE FIX THIS.  I should be able to KEEP MY PLACE in my current study. This should be paramount!

Just think about it for a minute:

If you Open All In A Floating Window - when you're finished with it in floating mode what would you most likely want to do with that floating window?  Put it back where it came from right?  Not close it.

Actually, I would really like the ability to just MAXIMIZE an entire tile (with several books in it) and when I'm finished with it in MAXIMIZED mode - I would like to be able to RESTORE it to where it came from

This is a basic Windows capability right?  I think you can do this in most Mac programs as well. 

Why can't we do this in Logos 4?

This would actually be the very best solution for this problem.

sdahlinghwa

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 18 2010 1:40 PM

Stein Dahl:
Please make it so that if you Open All In A Floating Window - when you close it - (i.e.; X out) - it just puts the floating window back where it came from

I can't agree with this one. When I hit the red x I want the window to close, books with it.

Stein Dahl:
And if I click on the floating window option to Dock This Panel - it doesn't dock the whole panel (or tile) with all of its books back to where it came from.  It only docks one book at a time and it puts them in another tile. That's not right at all.

I have the option to "Dock all tabs" However, I'm on a Beta install so I don't remember if this is a new feature or not. In my limited testing (once before posting this) the floated tabs all went back where they came from.

Stein Dahl:

Actually, I would really like the ability to just MAXIMIZE an entire tile (with several books in it) and when I'm finished with it in MAXIMIZED mode - I would like to be able to RESTORE it to where it came from

This is a basic Windows capability right?  I think you can do this in most Mac programs as well. 

One of the things I disliked about Libronix was the ability to lose windows behind other things. I'm glad that Logos 4 makes this impossible with it's tab management. Floating allows you to enter a "maximized mode" that suits my purposes just fine.

Posts 5620
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 18 2010 1:43 PM

Stein Dahl:

The F11 reading mode does exactly this.  The tabs are hidden and will show up if you move the mouse to the top of the screen while in the reading mode.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 270
Stein Dahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 18 2010 2:14 PM

Kevin Becker:
One of the things I disliked about Libronix was the ability to lose windows behind other things. I'm glad that Logos 4 makes this impossible with it's tab management. Floating allows you to enter a "maximized mode" that suits my purposes just fine.

Hello,

Yes I agree it was frustrating that if you minimized a tile in L3 it would disappear behind the other open windows and unless you knew how to restore that hidden tile you were stuck. 

I don't want things to get lost behind other things either - and I would have expected (or maybe I just took for granted) that this problem would not even exist in Logos 4.

Anything that gets minimized (in any Windows App) should be available on the bottom task bar of the program so that it's easily restored.  So, I'm not talking about making it like it was in L3.

But I would really like to be able to open up a tile (sort of like you can now with the floating window) making it bigger and easier to read, with ability to re-size it (not necessarily full screen) and move it around. 

The neat thing about the floating window/maximize thing is that when you're scrolling through your Bible you can see that the other linked resources are tracking with it.

So I like the floating window concept. I just want an easy way to put that tile back in it's place without losing my place in my current study.

So, I see where you're coming from.

sdahlinghwa

Posts 270
Stein Dahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 18 2010 2:21 PM

Todd Phillips:
The F11 reading mode does exactly this.  The tabs are hidden and will show up if you move the mouse to the top of the screen while in the reading mode.

Hello,

Yes the F-11 feature is good too.  I like that with reading mode I can make it do what I need it to do, for the most part.

But in reading mode you can't re-size the window so that you can see a little bit of what the other linked resources are doing. Or can you? 

Because, that's kind of what I'm looking for.

And I guess that having an enlarged floating window works for me because I have a huge wide-screen monitor so I have enough "real estate" to have an enlarged window open, while still being able to see some of my other resources. 

And thanks for the input.

sdahlinghwa

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS