Suggestions/Wishlist: Media Library, Crawl, Announcements

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 5
Mike Hartley | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jan 27 2015 6:24 AM

Hi everyone!

We started using Proclaim in August last year and it's really allowed us to take the visuals within the Church to a whole new level compared to our previous software.

Saying that, there are some things that we do struggle with and that make things that bit more difficult for us so I thought I'd compile our wishlist and see if any of this is planned or if it resonates with any other folks.

For us it's really about making the most of Proclaim, and being able to see it as a long term solution rather than a stepping stone towards ProPresenter so I am really eager to hear what people think/suggest.

• Crawl Text - Please, please, please make this customisable in terms of location and font styling/sizes. In its current form it is completely unusable and is about the only thing I miss from our last package.
  • Notice Slide - along with the Black Screen, Logo Display, No Text and OSB could we have a further funcion key to display one customisable slide. In our case this would be used for announcing that Kids work is beginning but it could be used for so much more. At the moment we have to have a normal content slide which, if we are in the middle of a song when the kids should go out, involves jumping from the song to the notice and then back into the song - while hoping we get to the right slide for the song lyrics!
  • Media Management - oh this one is a biggie for me. When we started using Proclaim I already had a very large media library that I am gradually adding in to the media library. What is stopping me from really making the most of this is the lack of being able to create our own group folders/series folders in the media library. Being able to create our own sub-folders would massively improve the experience for us and would make it so much easier for me to be able to create and manage series of media. The other improvement that would be helpful would be a "list view" of media with a smaller thumbnail followed by the name, the loop tickbox, and then the tags for the files. If there could be an additional field adding for "Series" then that could even suffice if we couldn't have sub-folders?

I know this is quite a long post but I hope it all makes sense. We are loving Proclaim and really want to take it further.

God Bless,

Mike

Posts 5565
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 27 2015 6:46 AM

I agree Mike

Just in the reverse order :-)

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 5
Mike Hartley | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 27 2015 7:32 AM

I should have mentioned that they weren't in order.... although the first two are closely related.

Admittedly, from my personal perspective, the media management is my personal biggie. But for the church the crawl is the more widely visible pain.

Posts 3502
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 27 2015 9:12 AM

Thanks for the feedback Mike (and Mike). I can say that a media management change similar to what you describe is definitely on our list for future improvements. 

For the crawl text, what specifically would you want to change? Top of the screen? Larger font?

Posts 5
Mike Hartley | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 27 2015 10:04 AM

Hi Scott

Thanks for the reply. Good news about the media management - any timescales at all?

With the crawl text, the priorities would be size and colours (background and foreground) but the ability to set all the character properties (font, size, colour, bold etc) would he very sweeeeet! 

Thanks again 

Posts 12
Peter Makovini | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 6 2015 4:42 AM

Hello

I am not sure whether this is the place I should be posting this, but I have an item on my wishlist of future improvements regarding Proclaim designs.

I am always glad when the new designs come, but since we are an international church I always have to make these additional slides with headphones to inform people that an interpretation is available. Is it possible that your designers will include in future smart designs some similar icon that could be used for this purpose? 

Thank you

Posts 5565
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 6 2015 10:04 AM

Peter Makovini:
I am not sure whether this is the place I should be posting this

It may not be the 'best' place Peter, but it is still a good place. For substantial facilities and features the User Voice section is better.

Peter Makovini:
I always have to make these additional slides with headphones to inform people that an interpretation is available. Is it possible that your designers will include in future smart designs some similar icon that could be used for this purpose? 

I imagine slides like these would be welcome in quite a few places. It may be that a transparent slide/image that could be placed over any of the standard backgrounds would be possible. Actually that would be a great thing for many of the 'off continent' users that have no use for many of the Americanocentric offerings supplied at the moment but would like a simple 'Kirk Session', 'Congregational Board', 'Messy Church' overlay for day to day use.

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 5
Mike Hartley | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 26 2015 11:13 AM

Hi Scott,

It's been a while (4 months) since you posted - Are there any updates on these... particularly the Media Management and being able to put media into custom folders. The more time we spend with proclaim, the more unmanageable it is getting due to the quantity of media we are wanting to use.

Thanks

Mike

Posts 3502
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 26 2015 11:34 AM

Being able to manage groups of media is still on our list of features to implement. We have recently added the ability to modify (tag, title, etc.) already uploaded media so hopefully this helps.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS