Logos 6.0b SR-2 (6.0.2.0075) now available

Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 26 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 1471
Angela Murashov | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jan 27 2015 3:20 PM

Logos 6.0b SR-2 (6.0.2.0075) is available for download.

If you have automatic updates turned on, 6.0b SR-2 will be downloaded automatically the next time your system checks for updates. To install it right away, enter the Update Now command. 

Release Notes

Posts 94
Ben Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 28 2015 6:20 AM

Thank you, Angela!

Posts 599
Bill Shewmaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 28 2015 8:52 AM

If this only update the Mac environment, why did I just have to download 122 MB?

Posts 1874
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 28 2015 9:09 AM

I doubt that SR-2 has only the "Mac things" outlined in the Release Notes. The Release Notes are by no means exhaustive. They only really highlight main features or fixes. My experience is that there is a lot more "under the bonnet".

I say this based on my experience of SR-1 and now SR-2. Clippings cursor previously did not resize if the Font scale was increased beyond 100%. This caused issues about which line of a clipping edits (e.g. inserting [Jesus] after a "he" in the text) were placed, when inserted by typing. This bug was fixed in SR-2 though it isn't mentioned in the Release Notes.

I trust that you will find SR-2 provides a more stable Logos engine for you.

Every blessing

Alan

iMac Retina 5K, 27": 4GHz; 16GB RAM;MacOS 10.12.2; 1TB FD; Logos 7

MacBook Air 13.3": 1.8GHz; 4GB RAM; MacOS 10.12.2; 256GB SSD; Logos 7

iPad Pro 32GB WiFi iOS 10.2

iPhone 5s 32GB iOS 10.2

Posts 94
Ben Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 28 2015 9:23 PM

Icons still distorted on my Mac.

Posts 28125
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 28 2015 9:28 PM

Bened:

for context, see this link : https://community.logos.com/forums/p/99768/690451.aspx#690451 

(some more threads have been created in the beta forum too)

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1471
Angela Murashov | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 29 2015 7:58 AM

Bened:

I will reopen the case. Looks like its still an issue on 10.10 Sad

Posts 21
David J Heintzman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 29 2015 8:49 AM

I uninstalled and re-installed on my Macbook Pro retina since I had updated to the beta and wanted to go with the stable release.  My icons look right now from what I can tell.  Thanks!

Posts 194
KPK | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 29 2015 3:07 PM

My homepage is still a little slow but that doesn't bother me at all. 

Scrolling is much better and faster. Just a slight lag! Thank you, Logos for working hard! 

-Imac 5K 

Posts 94
Ben Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 30 2015 12:03 PM

Thanks for your hard work!Big Smile

Posts 2
Ovil McDonald | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 3 2015 11:45 AM

Cannot purchase the free engine from store, please provide the download link.

Lynden assisting Ovil

Posts 1471
Angela Murashov | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 3 2015 12:04 PM

Ovil McDonald:
Cannot purchase the free engine from store, please provide the download link.

Do you already own a Logos 6 package? If you do then you should see the download links at the bottom of the page. (https://www.logos.com/product/46767/logos-6-core-engine)

If you don't own Logos 6 then you need to be logged into the website to buy the free core update. 

Posts 571
Martin Grainger Dean | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 3 2015 12:12 PM
Angela Murashov:
to buy the free
That's perfect.
Posts 44
Craig Ostrander | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 3 2015 12:57 PM

Well I got the logos 6 engine and installed. Now I have no resources in my library. It says press button to download resources then restart. Sounds easy enough but the only button I have is "update resource now". It is grayed out and pressing it does nothing. On a mac. Has anyone else had this problem and what did you do to fix it. Have Bible study tonight and guess I'll have to go back to paper Bible and lost all my notes. Great! Maybe I can revert back to logos 5 and call it good. No more Logos upgrades for me.

Posts 44
Craig Ostrander | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 3 2015 1:24 PM

I've tried everything and my books and documents will not update. Seriously Logos what do I have to do. I've restarted a half dozen times and I have nothing now. I have hundreds of notes and books and they are gone. 

Posts 28125
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 3 2015 1:27 PM

Craig Ostrander:

I've tried everything and my books and documents will not update. Seriously Logos what do I have to do. I've restarted a half dozen times and I have nothing now. I have hundreds of notes and books and they are gone. 

it would be best to create a new thread. Explain your issue, provide relevant details and perhaps post screen shots. 

Posts 44
Craig Ostrander | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 3 2015 1:31 PM

screen shot of what? I push the button and it does nothing. I tried to go back to logos 5 and resources are not compatable. I am so frustrated that I just lost hundreds of dollars on this piece of software. Seriously there is nothing to show in a screen shot. There is no way to update resources. When I go to logos page it wants to give me free logos 5 engine and I already purchased logos 5 package years ago. I now have no Bible study software!!!

Posts 22372
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 3 2015 1:34 PM

Craig Ostrander:
There is no way to update resources.

what happens if you type either "update now" or "update resources" in the command box at the top of the Logos screen?

"Update now" will be quicker but "update resources" does a more comprehensive check

Or you may be best contacting Customer Services - contact details at https://www.logos.com/contact - and seeing if they can help

Posts 44
Craig Ostrander | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 3 2015 1:40 PM

nothing happens when I type update resources in command box. Guess I'll try CS...oh boy. really it should not be this difficult of a process. but thanks for the try Graham.

Posts 28125
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 3 2015 1:43 PM

Craig Ostrander:

Guess I'll try CS...oh boy.

not a bad option. In the future if you want help in the forums, you need to help us assist you. We aren't there to see what you are seeing. 

Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS