Monitors - two additonal

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1
Gary Behrns | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jan 30 2015 8:35 AM

i have an HP laptop with 8.1 and have one additonal monitor attached to it.  i run logos 6 on the extra monitor and word, etc on the laptop.  i would like to add an additional monitor, if possible, so that i can spread the logos across two monitors.  first, is that possible?  second, how do i do that?

gary

Posts 3938
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 30 2015 9:14 AM

Yes!

You can add additional monitors to a laptop by the use of USB display adapters. Not great for gaming, but should be sufficient for Logos. I currently use 4 displays with my desktop computer (two graphics cards are more than sufficient for my setup).

However I've never tried /stretching/ Logos, instead you might find right clicking and then left clicking on "open in floating window, then dragging that to a display, and maximizing it. Then bring over other resources into that window(s).

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 1202
Ward Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 10 2015 8:05 PM

I use many monitors via Logos/Windows (https://community.logos.com/forums/t/9393.aspx ).  In the older days of Logos versions, there was an incompatibility with many USB monitor drivers.  I happened to get lucky and bought ones that (largely) worked.  I think that incompatibility has been resolved over the years.

If you search way back in the forums, you will find various posts about multi monitors and how to use them (for example, https://community.logos.com/forums/t/10800.aspx ).  

I rarely extend a Logos window across all my monitors--although column view did make this more useful--preferring instead to use floating windows.  I *love* that saving a layout also saves window position across all those monitors...just realize if you later save that layout on a laptop without those monitors, you will have to manually position the floating windows on the big system.

Posts 270
Kelvin Niblett | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 10 2015 8:57 PM

Gary Behrns:

i have an HP laptop with 8.1 and have one additonal monitor attached to it.  i run logos 6 on the extra monitor and word, etc on the laptop.  i would like to add an additional monitor, if possible, so that i can spread the logos across two monitors.  first, is that possible?  second, how do i do that?

gary

Gary I use a Toshiba Dynadock. It works great, and has its own video card. It runs via USB, and allows me to just plug the power and the Dynadock into my laptop and everything takes care of itself (mouse, keyboard, sound, plus two external monitors)

This gives me the capacity to use three monitors, as per the picture. 

(don't laugh at the odd books on the desk, they are for my message this week)

Posts 18757
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 11 2015 12:43 AM

Kelvin Niblett:

Ha ha! I can't help laughing. What an incongruous juxtaposition of titles: "Short and Tall" (a children's book), "Understanding Animal Breeding," and "Created for Community." I wish I could hear your message this week. I bet it will be quite interesting.
My mother used to play a game with us when we were kids called "Made-to-order Stories"; we were to think up three things that had nothing to do with each other (e.g., a candle, a mountain, and a bicycle), and she had to make up a story and weave each of these three things into it. Your three unrelated books remind me of that. I bet you can do it! Smile

Posts 2947
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 11 2015 2:14 AM

[quote user="Kelvin Niblett"]

[quote user="Gary Behrns"]

gary

[/quote]

Gary I use a Toshiba Dynadock. It works great, and has its own video card. It runs via USB, and allows me to just plug the power and the Dynadock into my laptop and everything takes care of itself (mouse, keyboard, sound, plus two external monitors)

This gives me the capacity to use three monitors, as per the picture. 

[/quote]

Hi Kelvin, it looks very nice. I like it.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 270
Kelvin Niblett | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 11 2015 2:22 AM

Currently I am in the third week of a 8 week series on on spiritual gifts/finding out place in Gods local and global purpose. After consultation with my leadership team we are trying to mobilize everyone in our congregation to serve in some capacity in the church and/or mission.  

This week I want to talk about how our environment shapes us.

When I used to work in Animal Science (my first degree is an B. Ap.Sc) a foundation of animal genetics was Phenotype (observed characterists) = Genotype  + Environment.

Spiritually I can challenge our congregation with this concept 

OUR  persona = Spiritual Gifts + Abilities + Experiences

Being able to talk about how negative experiences may supress us utilizing our gifting

and

the concept of latent spiritual gifts that may lie dormant until a person is exposed to a certain environment.

The children story book in the background is my daughters and makes a good illustration about the diversity of humans and ultimately the diversity of our giftings. (I have to read my daughter this every night some are Tall - Short, Fat - Skinny, Wide - Slim....)

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS