Identify Pre-pub Resources that will Allow the "Send to Kindle" feature

Page 2 of 2 (34 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 33 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1569
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 6 2015 9:43 AM

RAusdahl:

alabama24:

Your premise is faulty because your syntax is faulty. "Vyrso" edition resources use the syntax edition:ebook (or simply edition:e). "After Acts" is indeed a Vyrso resource. I hope that "send to kindle" gets enabled for it!

EDIT: I see my friend Mick led you astray. Stick out tongue

Interesting!  So do I understand correctly that Faithlife may have multiple editions of a resource--e.g. both a Vyrso edition and a Logos edition?

Also is it common for Logos customers who purchase resources advertised in the Logos store for their Logos library, to receive non-Logos editions of the resources?  Surprise

I called Customer Service and asked for clarification on my questions about the various editions.  Here's a recap.

Question:  Does Faithlife offer multiple editions of a resource--e.g. both a Vyrso and a Logos edition?

Answer:  Yes and No.  Yes, for some shared datasets.  No, for individual resources.

Question:  Can a Logos customer making a purchase from the Logos store get an eBook (Vyrso) edition of a resource?

Answer:  It shouldn't happen--period.

So how "did" it happen?  I have never knowingly gone out to the Vyrso web site--don't even know the URL.  All other pre-pubs I've ordered have been Logos editions and have been made as the result of an email received from Logos or going out to the Logos store and viewing pre-pubs there.

Well, I haven't searched the forum to verify this, but I'm guessing I was directed to this Vyrso resource via a link provided by another forum member when I was inquiring (long ago) about books on the apostles.  I do know a forum member made me aware of this book and I'm guessing he/she provided a link.  I'm also guessing it was a link into the Vyrso system, but that I didn't notice that fact.  I do know the order I placed was handled the same as all my Logos orders, so it just never came up on my radar that this was a Vyrso resource.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it... unless I discover I'm wrong when I have time to search the forum for confirmation.  Smile

Posts 30065
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 6 2015 10:07 AM

RAusdahl:
don't even know the URL

www.vyrso.com

RAusdahl:
I do know a forum member made me aware of this book and I'm guessing he/she provided a link.  I'm also guessing it was a link into the Vyrso system, but that I didn't notice that fact.  I do know the order I placed was handled the same as all my Logos orders, so it just never came up on my radar that this was a Vyrso resource.

Sounds reasonable. Although it is a different site, the Vyrso store uses the same credentials (username & password).

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1569
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 6 2015 10:16 AM

Well, the Vyrso mystery is solved--my forum search confirms that is what happened, except it wasn't all that long ago that I placed the pre-pub order (July of last year).  It was my doing all along--I just didn't realize what I was doing.  Indifferent

But back to the original intent of this thread, I do hope Faithlife will start indicating whether or not resources are licensed for the "Send-To-Kindle feature.

Posts 30065
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 6 2015 10:29 AM

RAusdahl:
I do hope Faithlife will start indicating whether or not resources are licensed for the "Send-To-Kindle feature.

I don't think it will happen because Faithlife doesn't have any agreements with Amazon. FL is completely dependent upon the good graces of Amazon. What if you bought some books because Logos advertised them as "send to kindle" enabled and Amazon (or the publisher) pulled the plug on the feature?

The biggest issue is when you are considering a pre-pub... I don't think we will get a good answer. (I hope I am wrong). 

Posts 12250
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 6 2015 10:36 AM

alabama24:
I don't think we will get a good answer.

I've asked Brian about the Vyrso books: https://community.logos.com/forums/t/100495.aspx 

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 1569
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 6 2015 4:03 PM

NB.Mick:

alabama24:
I don't think we will get a good answer.

I've asked Brian about the Vyrso books: https://community.logos.com/forums/t/100495.aspx 

Thank you!  I'll keep my eye on that thread.

Posts 959
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 6 2015 6:04 PM

RAusdahl:

Question:  Can a Logos customer making a purchase from the Logos store get an eBook (Vyrso) edition of a resource?

Answer:  It shouldn't happen--period.

I've been following this conversation with interest. In December I bought the Lexham Bible Study Essentials Bundle. Since it was bought from the Logos store, one would naturally assume that all 8 resources are Logos editions; one of the books, however, is a Vyrso edition: The Front Line: A Prayer Warrior’s Guide to Spiritual Battle. I only realized this when, after tagging all my Vyrso books, I kept getting one extra book every time I did a count. It was driving me crazy until I finally figured out how to isolate and identify the little rascal Smile

Screenshots for clarity:

The book is not available at the Logos store; a search there only returns 3 results: one blog post and two press-related articles about the book.

Posts 1569
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 6 2015 8:29 PM

Interesting!!!  In my case, it's pretty cut-and-dry... I did it.  Tongue Tied   Your situation on the other hand seems to counter what the Customer Service rep told me, although, he didn't say "It couldn't happen--period", only that "it shouldn't happen--period."  Cool

Posts 30065
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 6 2015 8:50 PM

RAusdahl:
Your situation on the other hand seems to counter what the Customer Service rep told me, although, he didn't say "It couldn't happen--period", only that "it shouldn't happen--period."

In this particular situation, it was a bundle being sold, rather than an individual resource. I am curious, however, why you are concerned about it. Is there something I am missing? 

Posts 743
Scott E. Mahle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 6 2015 9:05 PM

RAusdahl:

Interesting!!!  In my case, it's pretty cut-and-dry... I did it.  Tongue Tied   Your situation on the other hand seems to counter what the Customer Service rep told me, although, he didn't say "It couldn't happen--period", only that "it shouldn't happen--period."  Cool

I think it probably happens more often than they think. Here's the latest one in Vyrso . . . 

. . . and Logos in this collection

And here's one I have from Vyrso . . . 

. . . available in Logos in this collection

Logos Series X Pastor’s Library | Logos 3 Leader’s Library | 4 Portfolio | 5 Platinum | 6 Feature Crossgrade | 7 Essential | 8 M & W Platinum and Academic Professional | 9 Academic Professional and Messianic Jewish Diamond

Posts 30065
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 6 2015 9:18 PM

Scott E. Mahle:
Here's the latest one in Vyrso . . . 

That resource is in pre-pub in both cases. The Vyrso edition is due to be released tomorrow. The Logos bundle is still "under development" and, as we all know, it could be released next month or next year. Based upon what we have been told previously, the Vyrso title will be pulled and those who purchased the book will get an upgrade to the Logos edition. It almost seems a mistake on their part (they try to not sell titles in Vyrso that they know will become a Logos edition).

The "preaching the word" collection also makes sense. The book WAS a vyrso book, but is NOW only sold in a Logos edition bundle. It isnt being sold in Vyrso any longer. Question: Did you get the Logos edition yet? Books that migrate as part of a bundle seem to have more troubles in users getting the upgrade. If you haven't received a Logos edition, let me know and I will try to flag someone down.

Posts 743
Scott E. Mahle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 6 2015 9:35 PM

alabama24:

If you haven't received a Logos edition, let me know and I will try to flag someone down.

I appreciate the offer but that's not necessary. I was simply offering RAusdahl a customer’s perspective on the question “Does Faithlife offer multiple editions of a resource--e.g. both a Vyrso and a Logos edition?”

Another thing that can happen is a customer can have both editions of the same resource. I know this because I have had to hide the Vyrso editions after checking my library for duplicates in Excel.

Logos Series X Pastor’s Library | Logos 3 Leader’s Library | 4 Portfolio | 5 Platinum | 6 Feature Crossgrade | 7 Essential | 8 M & W Platinum and Academic Professional | 9 Academic Professional and Messianic Jewish Diamond

Posts 30065
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 7 2015 4:51 AM

Scott E. Mahle:

I was simply offering RAusdahl a customer’s perspective on the question “Does Faithlife offer multiple editions of a resource--e.g. both a Vyrso and a Logos edition?”

Another thing that can happen is a customer can have both editions of the same resource. I know this because I have had to hide the Vyrso editions after checking my library for duplicates in Excel.

...and the answer is still (a qualified) "no." Once a resource migrates from Vyrso to Logos it is pulled. Consequently, only one edition is "offered." I have sent Faithlife an email to get clarification about the Geisler book, but I know that If the resource does indeed become a "logos" edition, the Vyrso one will be pulled. If for some reason the resource will not become a Logos edition, they need to clarify that in the dedcription of the bundle in Logos. 

Posts 379
Brian Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 10 2015 10:03 AM

In most cases, Faithlife does not offer multiple editions of a resource on different storefronts. Occasionally, there is an instance when we'll sell an ebook in multiple storefronts. For instance, one of our featured ebooks this week 40 Days to the Cross is sold on both Vyrso and Verbum. The norm, however, is to only have Logos editions and Vyrso ebooks. 

With the Geisler pre-order our team missed that the Vyrso ebook was still available when the Select Works of Norman L. Geisler was made available for pre-order on Logos.com. For the customers that pre-ordered The Bible's Answers to 100 of Life's Biggest Questions, we'll ship the resource when we receive the files and provide a free upgrade to the Logos edition when it ships. 

Let me know if any of you have further questions!

Page 2 of 2 (34 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS