Tracking quotes and illustrations

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 14
Bill Ball | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Feb 5 2015 3:37 PM

I'm looking for a way to keep a database of illustrations, quotes, etc. in Logos (I used to use Pastor's Study for this). I'd like to be able to search by author and/or key words (tags). Is this possible, other than using a (long) Notes file and add the tags at the end?

Posts 24701
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 5 2015 9:52 PM

Personal Books comes to mind as you can index one in a number of ways e.g. Author, Key Words  (tags) . You might be able to use the format for Sermons and Illustrations. Ask again if you have more questions.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 14
Bill Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 6 2015 2:23 PM

Thanks, Dave. I spent some time watching the videos and then creating a couple of books. First, while powerful, it's rather time consuming to create a new document for each one or two-line quote I want to save and short illustrations, especially adding the metadata at the beginning of the file. Second, the source files must be kept; if i lose the source file and try to rebuild the personal book, it fails because of the missing file(s). Third, rebuilding after adding or updating any source document fails with an error (even if no panes are open except the personal book pane) unless I shut down Logos and open it again. Fourth, I outline all of my sermons, and all outlining is completely lost when making them into a personal book! (The note file functionality is likewise far from what it could be when one copies data from a Word file.) Otherwise, as a user since the late 80's (ver. 1.3 on floppies), I love Logos.

Posts 26108
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 6 2015 2:34 PM

No, no, no Bill ... stick them all in a single file. Outlining shouldn't be lost.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS