Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 856
Michael McLane | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Feb 6 2015 9:30 AM

Okay, this has happened to me before and I solved it by reinstalling everything. I do not want to do that again.

My desktop installs with not syncing note files. iOS devices are and I can see changes on documents web page but desktop is not syncing up or down.

There is this line in the error log and throughout the logs - "Exception while syncing client: NotesDocumentSyncItem" I cannot find that file in my system.

I tried deleting the documents folder, however, Logos just did not download the note files that have changed during this period of not syncing.

I have three desktop installations and this is effecting them all.

0412.Logs.zip

Posts 26712
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 7 2015 3:37 AM

It appears to be a Highlight with a Label having an attribute value that is "out of range". You could delete the latest one and see what happens (after ensuring you can recreate it manually) or you could delete a notes file with labels knowing it can be recovered from documents.logos.com.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 856
Michael McLane | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 7 2015 6:08 AM

Dave,

You are the man! My hero. This is the second time you have helped with a critical issue. I ended up having to delete that label file, but there was not much invested in it. Not a huge thing.

I can remember exactly when I placed that label and chose not to fill a required attribute because I was mobile and did not want to make that decision just yet. It makes me more than a bit apprehensive to invest in labels when one missed attribute can cause everyone of my notes to stop syncing and cause hours of time trouble shooting. Not to mention the disruption of my workflow.

Have you heard anything else like this happening?

Anyway, thanks so much for all the time you invest to help us out.

Michael

Posts 26712
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 7 2015 1:58 PM

Michael McLane:
It makes me more than a bit apprehensive to invest in labels when one missed attribute can cause everyone of my notes to stop syncing and cause hours of time trouble shooting.

There are a few rough edges with the implementation of Labels, but none as serious as this. Can you remember how you applied the label and the details of the attribute (text, number, etc) as this may help Faithlife.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 195
LogosEmployee
Seth Copeland | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 10 2015 8:55 AM

We believe we've discovered the problem for this issue, and a fix should be made on the server in a short time.

The problem only manifested if you synced a label with an attribute of type "any" on an older release, and then tried to sync it down in this later release. Newly synced labels shouldn't have this problem.

I apologize for the trouble and after the fix is pushed, I will post here and you should be able to undelete the deleted document at document.logos.com if you desire.

-Seth

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS