[resolved]BUG: Strange formatting in ESVSB

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1210
Ward Walker | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Feb 17 2015 6:00 PM

I'm encountering a lot of instances where page numbers are appearing within a verse reference (see Red circle, below).  The ESVSB isn't formatted this way, not sure why Logos is showing it this way, and this seems to be relatively new behavior.

Additionally, I noticed on the "popular highlights" section in Blue that the highlight started one letter in, and ended one letter into the following sentence.  I see how one person could make that error...but everyone?...there seems to be a referential bug in how the popular highlight is appearing.  Could this be linked to the page numbers inside a verse?

P.S. When did tagging of posts disappear?

Logos Bible Software 6.0b SR-3 6.0.2.0079 on Win 8.1

Posts 29607
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 17 2015 6:10 PM

Do you have show page numbers turned on?

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1210
Ward Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 17 2015 6:21 PM

yes (it like to took me forever to figure out that option is in visual filters!)

I toggled it on and off, but the Blue remained curiously offset.  

Posts 29607
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 17 2015 7:01 PM

My guess? The popular highlight was created from data from a previous version and the update to the resource has broken it. Just a guess. I can confirm the popular highlight is off as you say (I can see it in the contextual menu under "popular highlight")

Here is a really dumb question: I hate popular highlights and have it turned off... for the life of me, I can't figure out how to turn it back on. Do you know? Embarrassed

Posts 29607
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 17 2015 7:19 PM

alabama24:
I can't figure out how to turn it back on

Nevermind. It was where I thought it was... my internet is on the fritz... probably why I didn't see it?

Posts 29607
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 17 2015 7:22 PM

This appears to be fixed in 6.1 RC1:

Posts 1210
Ward Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 18 2015 4:59 PM

Thanks ... now I just hope that page numbers begin appearing in the right place!

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS