Verbum & Logos 6

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 9
frapaul | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Feb 19 2015 6:26 AM

+

Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place.

I recently looked at the Verbum crossgrade options and was interested. I wanted to know if Verbum has to run separately from Logos 6, or if I could simply buy a verbum crossgrade and run it in Logos 6.

I found instructions about typing "Set Verbum to Yes" in Logos 5, but in Logos 6 if I do that, it simply does a search for that phrase. 

So my question is: must I run Verbum 6 and Logos separately if I wish to buy a Verbum crossgrade?

Thanks!

In Him,

ap

Posts 28475
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 19 2015 7:02 AM

No. You can use verbum resources in logos. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 274
Average Joe | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 19 2015 7:02 AM

My understanding is that the Verbum and Logos desktop apps have the same core, they just have some differences in the window dressing.  Whichever version you run, it will pull from all the resources you have purchased, whether through Logos or Verbum (or Noet or Vyrso).

As the crossgrade essentially just gives you new datasets, they should appear whether you are running Logos or Verbum.

I'm not an expert, though.  It is possible that there are some datasets that would function differently depending on whether you are running as Verbum or as Logos.  Hopefully someone with more expertise will come around and shed any necessary light in that regard.

Posts 10769
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 19 2015 7:11 AM

Antony Paul:

I recently looked at the Verbum crossgrade options and was interested. I wanted to know if Verbum has to run separately from Logos 6, or if I could simply buy a verbum crossgrade and run it in Logos 6.

Verbum may run separately of Logos if you want it to (there's a different installer availble that will create a new installation in a Verbum-named file path), but there's no requirement to do so. In fact, when you buy a Verbum package of any sort and then restart your existing Logos application, it will download all new datasets and resources and use them.

Antony Paul:

I found instructions about typing "Set Verbum to Yes" in Logos 5, but in Logos 6 if I do that, it simply does a search for that phrase. 

This command will only work when you have bought a Verbum package (because Verbum includes some special resources, like the Saints database and some pre-build collections), but then it will work, even in Logos 6.

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 9
frapaul | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 19 2015 7:17 AM

Thanks a lot, everyone!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS