Visual Filter for Greek Words used 30 times or less

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 83
John Miller | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Feb 19 2015 6:51 AM

I'm wondering if anyone has a visual filter already made for Greek words used less than 30 times. I've seen posts in the past, but the links they shared are no longer working. If anyone could help me that would be wonderful.

I'd also be interested in getting a visual filter for Hebrew words well.

Posts 24667
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 19 2015 6:57 AM

John Miller:
but the links they shared are no longer working.

Did you see NB.Mick's answer to your earlier post where he pointed out that you would need to join the Faithlife group to get access to the documents - https://community.logos.com/forums/p/72615/698558.aspx#698558 

I don't think they give you exactly what you want but a good place to start.

Posts 83
John Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 19 2015 9:33 AM

I just did. It seems somewhat helpful, but you are right. It doesn't do exactly what I'm looking for. Now that I have frequency 2-10, it would be great to find 11-29. To manually enter these in would take forever!

Posts 11730
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 19 2015 10:13 AM

John Miller:

I just did. It seems somewhat helpful, but you are right. It doesn't do exactly what I'm looking for. Now that I have frequency 2-10, it would be great to find 11-29. To manually enter these in would take forever!

the point is not to manually enter these, but to have Logos generate a wordlist - which still may take its time, but would be automated - and then to take out the lemmas with >31

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 572
David P. Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 19 2015 2:19 PM

I just downloaded the "Freq 2-10 Greek NT" visual filter from the Faithlife Visual filters group, and it is sitting in my documents tab (L6), but it does not appear as a visual filter to toggle on/off in my NKJV. Am I thinking about this wrong? Thanks.

Posts 83
John Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 19 2015 2:22 PM

I agree I think it would be great if Logos would do this. However I am not sure it is something on their radar. There are free websites that do it, but my $1,000 plus aoftwate can't wasily do it. It's disappointimg to say they least. Also, it did show up for me as a visual filter.

Posts 572
David P. Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 19 2015 2:37 PM

Ok it finally did appear for me. I guess I'm impatient...Big Smile

Posts 824
GregW | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 19 2015 3:19 PM

John Miller:

I agree I think it would be great if Logos would do this. However I am not sure it is something on their radar. There are free websites that do it, but my $1,000 plus aoftwate can't wasily do it.

If you've got a list of the lemmas on a free website you could just paste them into the "find" box on a Visual Filter. I do agree it would be good if Logos/FL made it easier to produce Visual Filters from Word Lists. You can also do it by producing a Word List (ensuring you include the "Count" column and then pasting the relevant lemmas into a Visual Filter - I've done it that way to produce a VF for hapax legomena. 

Running Logos 6 Platinum and Logos Now on Surface Pro 4, 8 GB RAM, 256GB SSD, i5

Posts 26613
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 20 2015 5:03 PM

GregW:
I do agree it would be good if Logos/FL made it easier to produce Visual Filters from Word Lists.

Word Lists are under-developed for effective automation (and badly implemented in some respects!). They should be usable in Searches (and hence in Visual Filters) and a subset should be able to be extracted based on Count. You could make a suggestion in UserVoice to this end.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS