Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 24 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 58
ZoesProudDaddy | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Sep 8 2009 11:49 PM
So I was just looking at my logos library and thought how many awesome titles there are, many I wanted for quite some time. I started thinking about my favorite and it has to be the Anchor commentary set. I always loved checking out volumes during seminary since the info truly came in handy during papers I was writing. Never thought I would be able to have ir on Logos so needless to say I was ecstatic when it arrived. What about yours? Also what is that one title or set you are anxiously awaiting for?
Posts 1956
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 9 2009 3:58 AM

FanofAnchor:
So I was just looking at my logos library and thought how many awesome titles there are, many I wanted for quite some time. I started thinking about my favorite and it has to be the Anchor commentary set. I always loved checking out volumes during seminary since the info truly came in handy during papers I was writing. Never thought I would be able to have ir on Logos so needless to say I was ecstatic when it arrived. What about yours? Also what is that one title or set you are anxiously awaiting for?

It will be, as soon as it is released, the NICOT/NICNT. I'd love to get Anchor, but the budget can't sustain both I'm afraid... at least not for the foreseeable future!

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 9 2009 7:31 AM
Hard to pick.
  • WBC
  • NICOT/NICNT

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 20
Dean Chao | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 9 2009 1:44 PM

Graphical Query Editor Addin, (SKU #1811)

Posts 176
Rob | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 9 2009 2:18 PM

Most used? WBC

Favorite? A recent release: Commentary on the NT use of the OT

Although I have it in my bookshelf I've always known that it would be much more valuable on Libronix

What am I anxiously waiting for? Ahh its gotta be NICOT/NICNT (yeah, I finally told my wife I ordered it) :-)

Posts 383
Stephen Thorp | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 9 2009 3:06 PM

Hi, I would like to propose The Lectionary Commentary: Theological Exegesis for Sunday's Texts (3 Vols.) as a very worth while and probably much over looked commentary set which always serves a brilliant 'starter' for those who follow the Revised Common Lectionary. Smile

Posts 2744
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 11 2009 10:58 PM

tcblack:
Hard to pick.

• WBC
  • NICOT/NICNT

For me the same, but in the opposite order. As far as the regular books are concerned, I am very (I mean very) happy to have 4 volumes of Michael Brown Answering Jewish Objections to Jesus. Great stuff.

Well, to say all I llike would be really long list, but NICOT/NICNT will be definitely the top pick for me.

Bohuslav

Posts 401
Timothy Ha | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 12 2009 9:03 AM

I'd like to mention the collection of Francis Schaffer's books, purchased during the Logos March Madness campaign. It was fun to participate and to see everybody chose this set to be winner.

JesusChrist.ru - Russian Christian Portal, with free Bible software; Timh.ru - blog

Posts 2990
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 12 2009 1:15 PM
Favorite: John Owen Collection Anxiously waiting for: Banner of Truth entire library

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 97
Al | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 19 2009 6:39 PM

It's hard to beat the Anchor (Yale) Bible Dictionary. The Hermeneia commentary set is my favorite for commentaries.

Walter Brueggemann's books and the Lectionary commentary series mentioned in an earlier post.

Posts 2
Kurt Shimada | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2009 12:13 PM

Systematic Theology by Wayne Grudem. Good stuff. 

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2009 12:16 PM

Theological Journals. Great value.

Posts 32967
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2009 2:57 PM

Personal Book Builder

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1831
Ken McGuire | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2009 3:04 PM

Anchor Bible Dictionary.  It was also my first Logos purchase.

The Gospel is not ... a "new law," on the contrary, ... a "new life." - William Julius Mann

L8 Anglican, Lutheran and Orthodox Silver, Reformed Starter, Academic Essentials

L7 Lutheran Gold, Anglican Bronze

Posts 3770
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2009 3:07 PM

IVP dictionaries: Jesus and the Gospels, Paul and his letters, NT background, Later NT and the much anticipated OT volumes: Pentateuch, Historical Books, Wisdom, Prophets.

Posts 2237
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2009 3:40 PM

Kenneth McGuire:

Anchor Bible Dictionary.  It was also my first Logos purchase.

Also my first - in 2.0 format back in 2000. Still my favourite. Though I do like the IVP dictionaries.

Posts 656
Jeremy | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2009 9:24 PM

Philip Spitzer:

Theological Journals. Great value.

Mine too. I am anxiously awaiting the new Zondervan package. JUST DON'T LABEL THEM MONOGRAPHS!Smile

Posts 317
Paul Meathrel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 5:37 AM

Francis:

IVP dictionaries: Jesus and the Gospels, Paul and his letters, NT background, Later NT and the much anticipated OT volumes: Pentateuch, Historical Books, Wisdom, Prophets.

Ditto - these are amazing resources.

Posts 14
Kenton Church EPC | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 10:46 PM

Word Biblical Commentary; Preacher's Commentary and Webber's muti-volume on Worship.

Alan

Posts 77
Adrian Frost | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 11:38 PM

BDAG followed by Pillar and Baker Exegetical commentaries.

Eglise Protestante Evangélique de Libramont, Belgique - www.epelibramont.com

Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS