Dictionary of Greek and Roman Biography and Mythology is now shipping.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1630
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Feb 19 2015 10:46 AM

It is more interesting than I dared to hope and the links to the Perseus library are working

https://www.logos.com/product/20311/dictionary-of-greek-and-roman-biography-and-mythology 

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Posts 276
Greg F | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 19 2015 11:41 AM

Yes, it's very good. I've been enjoying it ever since it came out with Verbum Capstone a few months ago. It was one of the reasons I sprung for the package in the first place. Not sure why they took so long to get it to everyone else.

Now if they would just push through the Dictionary of Greek and Roman Antiquities as well, which a lot of people here have already paid for... ;)

Posts 276
Greg F | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 19 2015 11:49 AM

Also, while they're at it, Smith's Dictionary of Greek and Roman Geography is precisely what Noet needs: geographical information from the classical period that isn't directly related to Palestine. Classics people need information on a wide variety of place names that aren't generally covered in Bible dictionaries, and this one will fill a major gap.

Perhaps one day we could even get some classical map collections!

Posts 1216
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 19 2015 1:04 PM

Yes, I agree and it's a very big plus in my book to see a resource using the Perseus collection. I am very pleased.

Posts 9566
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 19 2015 4:29 PM

I'm excited to get this resource too.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 790
James Hiddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 19 2015 6:49 PM

Veli Voipio:

It is more interesting than I dared to hope and the links to the Perseus library are working

https://www.logos.com/product/20311/dictionary-of-greek-and-roman-biography-and-mythology 

Thanks Yes

Posts 9566
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 20 2015 5:08 AM

They are a bit late shipping this one out.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS