Jacob Discerning God’s Presence - Videos

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1082
Martin Folley | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Feb 22 2015 7:56 AM

Hi.

I am wondering how to use the videos in a small group context ... gathering around my computer is not an option!

Are they available as an MP4 so that I can use them from a media server?

As I write this, I find myself thinking about the license issues ... does ownership of the leader's guide cover this usage? 

2010 17" MBP with High Sierra, iPad4 with iOS10.

Posts 13417
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 22 2015 8:42 AM

Martin Folley:
Are they available as an MP4 so that I can use them from a media server?

You can download them from Biblia.com - at least you can in theory. Right-click on the actual video. (Except I can't open the video resource in Biblia at the moment. So you might have to wait until that's fixed.)

Martin Folley:
As I write this, I find myself thinking about the license issues ... does ownership of the leader's guide cover this usage? 

Logos don't mind you showing the videos to a small group - but how did you envision the media server working?

Posts 1082
Martin Folley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 22 2015 8:59 AM

I have a couple of different media servers ... a synology box and an old macbook. If I had the mp4 files then I would copy them into either the synology folder structure and use a smart TV, or import them into iTunes and use an Apple TV.

We have not used physical DVDs for some years.

Posts 13417
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 22 2015 9:10 AM

Martin Folley:
I have a couple of different media servers ... a synology box and an old macbook. If I had the mp4 files then I would copy them into either the synology folder structure and use a smart TV, or import them into iTunes and use an Apple TV.

Sorry, I meant how were you intending to distribute to your small group using the media server? Via a projector or large-screen TV in the meeting, or over the internet in preparation for the meeting? Or something else? Faithlife would view those things quite differently, I would think.

Posts 1082
Martin Folley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 22 2015 9:21 AM

In the meeting via TV is my initial thought, but until I have worked through the course myself and get some idea of timings etc. ... i.e. what prep work may be needed before hand ... we are currently studying Mark's Gospel using a video as a 10 minute started (Keith Warrington), with discussion (and sometimes homework) to follow. The group is more comfortable with this than if I deliver the material myself ... it seems easier to postulate if the 'expert' is in the TV ...

It has just occurred to me that If I can view the video on my iPad then I can mirror it on the TV through using an Apple TV.

Posts 1962
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 22 2015 11:46 AM

Use Chromecast + Google Chrome (By going to Bibila) from your laptop to your HDTV or Projector.

Works well.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS