Personal tagging of text?

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 912
David Knoll | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Feb 24 2015 8:35 PM

Can I tag my Hebrew Bible with my own division into sources? I know Andersen Forbes contains Eissfeldt's. 

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 24 2015 8:42 PM

I don't know why not.  There used to be a function called "Color by Eissfeldt" which when activated highlighted the text in various colors depending on Eissfeldt's  appraisal of the sources.  I've highlighted A-F in accordance with his scheme since the function is no longer present.  I would suppose that you could highlight a text using your own scheme as well.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 912
David Knoll | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 24 2015 9:33 PM

Thanks George I have already done that. The question is whether I can add a tag which indicates that all the red text is priestly and search only this text, have a label show up when I hover on the text saying Priestly... etc. Also for some reason the colour of the text is still black on the iPad version though I would expect it to sync.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 24 2015 9:40 PM

David Knoll:

Thanks George I have already done that. The question is whether I can add a tag which indicates that all the red text is priestly and search only this text, have a label show up when I hover on the text saying Priestly... etc. Also for some reason the colour of the text is still black on the iPad version though I would expect it to sync.

The solution to the color is "Don't use an iPad."  Big Smile  I don't know what to tell you about that since I still use a "dumb phone."  A popup would be nice, but I haven't played around with L6 enough to know whether that can be done (I doubt it).

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 26718
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 25 2015 3:23 PM

David Knoll:
The question is whether I can add a tag which indicates that all the red text is priestly and search only this text, have a label show up when I hover on the text saying Priestly... etc.

You will have to add a label (Priestly) to each highlight in the Note file, which will be time consuming.

If the Red highlight style is used only for Priestly text then change its name to Priestly and you can search for {Highlight Priestly} and also search within that text e.g. God WITHIN {Highlight Priestly} If you have the labels you can search for God WITHIN {Label Priestly}

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 912
David Knoll | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 26 2015 5:24 AM

Dave Hooton:
If the Red highlight style is used only for Priestly text then change its name to Priestly

How is that done? I use the red foreground for P

Posts 123
Tim Finlay | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 26 2015 10:38 AM

David, you can also do a syntax search in any source or combination of sources as designated in the Andersen-Forbes analysis. Choose a New Syntax Search and choose "Segment" and you have lots of flexibility in search power. In the "Parts of Speech" section, you can do searches specifically for Infinitive Absolute or Infinitive Construct which you can't do in Morphological Searches at the moment. You can also search for any of 4 particular uses of the Participle designated by Andersen-Forbes. 

Posts 26718
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 26 2015 12:53 PM

David Knoll:

Create a Priestly style and use "Restyle annotations" in the drop-down of the 'red foreground' style  to change them to the Priestly style. But first make sure to change any 'red foreground' style annotations that are not Priestly.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 912
David Knoll | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 28 2015 3:32 AM

Dave Hooton:

David Knoll:

Create a Priestly style and use "Restyle annotations" in the drop-down of the 'red foreground' style  to change them to the Priestly style. But first make sure to change any 'red foreground' style annotations that are not Priestly.

Ok. Just tried that and it is wonderful! Exactly what I wanted!

Thank you so much!

Posts 912
David Knoll | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 28 2015 3:34 AM

Tim Finlay:

David, you can also do a syntax search in any source or combination of sources as designated in the Andersen-Forbes analysis. Choose a New Syntax Search and choose "Segment" and you have lots of flexibility in search power. In the "Parts of Speech" section, you can do searches specifically for Infinitive Absolute or Infinitive Construct which you can't do in Morphological Searches at the moment. You can also search for any of 4 particular uses of the Participle designated by Andersen-Forbes. 

Yes I know but I find the tagging too subjective for my purposes. I do use it sometimes.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS