Anchor Bible Revelation: No Send to Kindle

Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 23 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 2286
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Feb 25 2015 6:58 PM

I looked at a few volumes, and all of the previous volumes in the Anchor Bible Commentary set seem to have the "Send to Kindle" feature, but the new volume on Revelation does not.  Is this something that might just take a few days to get implemented?  It just came out today.

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 29737
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 25 2015 7:04 PM

I dont understand why, but there has to be some sort of update before new resources can be "send to kindle" enabled. I haven't heard any timetable for when that project might be finished. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 2286
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 26 2015 9:21 AM

Strange, I would think that all new releases that are allowed to be would be.  

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 24
Chris Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 26 2015 1:44 PM

Mine doesn't even show up on my iPad. Does anyone else have this problem?

Posts 29737
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 26 2015 2:07 PM

Joseph Turner:
Strange, I would think that all new releases that are allowed to be would be.

It is a technical reason for ALL resources. I don't understand it, but the "send to kindle" tool needs to be updated somehow. 

Posts 29737
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 26 2015 2:10 PM

Chris Miller:

You might need to create a new thread in the iOS forum... 

I actually don't know which resource is being discussed. I checked the website and there are at least two resources which I think y'all might be talking about. If you have verified that the resource is "mobile enabled," and if someone else can verify that they can access the resource on mobile (sometimes Faithlife forgets to "flip the switch" on new resources), you might want to create a new thread in the iOS forum. If you do, make sure to give us the necessary details.

Posts 2158
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 26 2015 2:45 PM

If you carefully read the copy below the book description on the Logos site, it states that this book is not available for mobile at this time.

i hope it will be in the future.

Posts 2286
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 26 2015 2:56 PM

alabama24:

Chris Miller:

You might need to create a new thread in the iOS forum... 

I actually don't know which resource is being discussed. I checked the website and there are at least two resources which I think y'all might be talking about. If you have verified that the resource is "mobile enabled," and if someone else can verify that they can access the resource on mobile (sometimes Faithlife forgets to "flip the switch" on new resources), you might want to create a new thread in the iOS forum. If you do, make sure to give us the necessary details.

It's the new volume on Revelation in the Anchor Bible series as was previously stated.  I thought that was enough detail.  I was really looking more for an answer as to whether or not these usually take some amount of time before they are available with the "Send to Kindle" feature.  I know for sure that it does not work seemingly against all other volumes in the set.  The page has it listed as mobile enabled, but I can verify with Chris that it does not show up in IOS.  I think that I have had other resources that took a few days before they were mobile enabled, so it might be a related issue, as with your description with the "switch."

Posts 2286
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 26 2015 2:59 PM

Kenneth Neighoff:

If you carefully read the copy below the book description on the Logos site, it states that this book is not available for mobile at this time.

i hope it will be in the future.

Ah, you are correct.  I was relying on the normal notification area as shown below:

That is very disappointing.

Posts 32
LogosEmployee
Bill Nienhuis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 26 2015 3:56 PM

This is an oversight and should be fixed as soon as possible. Sorry.

Posts 2286
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 26 2015 4:05 PM

Thanks Bill, but is the oversight that the product page should not say that it is available for mobile, or that it should be available for mobile?

Posts 32
LogosEmployee
Bill Nienhuis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 27 2015 7:33 AM

The volume should be available for mobile. There are a couple of technical issues that we encountered with this volume and this is inhibiting its use on mobile devices. The problem is temporary and should be cleared up soon.

Posts 2286
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 27 2015 9:17 AM

Bill Nienhuis:

The volume should be available for mobile. There are a couple of technical issues that we encountered with this volume and this is inhibiting its use on mobile devices. The problem is temporary and should be cleared up soon.

Thanks!

Posts 32
LogosEmployee
Bill Nienhuis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 6 2015 10:47 AM

Joseph - this should be fixed now.

Posts 2286
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 6 2015 10:59 AM

Thank you!

Posts 2286
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 11 2015 3:21 PM

Bill Nienhuis:

Bill, I still don't have the send to Kindle feature for this volume.

Posts 29737
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 11 2015 4:34 PM

Joseph Turner:

Bill Nienhuis:

do you have more than one installation of L6? If so, you might want to check the other. 

Posts 13419
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 11 2015 4:49 PM

Joseph Turner:

I suspect you'll need to restart Logos. It sounds like a metadata change was pushed, and they only get synced on startup.

Posts 2286
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 11 2015 6:44 PM

alabama24:

do you have more than one installation of L6? If so, you might want to check the other. 

I checked my other installation, and it doesn't offer the feature for this resource either.

Mark Barnes:
I suspect you'll need to restart Logos. It sounds like a metadata change was pushed, and they only get synced on startup.

I have restarted multiple times since the post stating that it is fixed, but it still doesn't work.  I just kept forgetting to check it.  

All installations are completely updated.

Posts 2286
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 12 2015 10:24 AM

Bump for Bill

Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS