The Evidence Bible Mouseover Pops up with the Notes, not the Bible Text

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 207
Kendall Sholtess | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Feb 27 2015 5:02 AM

I recently purchased the Evidence Bible, and found that it comes bundled as a series which is not "decouplable." Uh, that's not a word. Let me try again:

The Evidence Bible series cannot be decoupled. That's really no problem, until....

I made it the #1 priority in my Bibles. I kind of like the Comfort-able KJV, and I was hoping to see it in my scripture popups. But, Alas!, when I mouse over a scripture reference, I get the Evidence Bible Notes, not the Bible text.

Is that a bug, or am I doing something wrong? 

By the way, on my iPAd it works fine. This only applies to mouseovers on my PC.

Posts 620
Jesse Blevins | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 27 2015 5:19 AM

If you want the kjv as your default bible then you need to select it from the regular version. by choosing a study bible you are only going to see its notes. 

Posts 30484
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 27 2015 5:36 AM

Jesse Blevins:

If you want the kjv as your default bible then you need to select it from the regular version. by choosing a study bible you are only going to see its notes. 

I normally would agree with you, but from the OP and the product description page, it appears that this product has two resources: The notes and the bible text. 

Do you know what "type" the bible text is listed under in the library?

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 207
Kendall Sholtess | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 27 2015 6:54 AM

The type is listed as Bible. That is what is so confounding.

Posts 30484
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 27 2015 8:09 AM

strange. Tongue Tied

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 35581
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 28 2015 5:54 PM

Study Bibles work like commentaries in most context. This is compatible with my experience where the Hermeneia commentary was my highest "Bible" for 1 Enoch. Study Bibles and Commentaries position themselves based on the commentary not the text.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1776
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 28 2015 6:45 PM

I would have been "Comfort-ed" with the NKJV version within Logos...sigh.  

Alas, it is not meant to be.

Hope you get momentum and answers.

Blessings,

Joshua

Posts 2844
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 1 2015 8:21 AM

It works! I think you dragged the Evidence Bible:Text to your priority list, right? If you do that, it defaults to the SERIES (you can tell it's bolded, that means series). You should right-click on the Bible in your library, and select "Prioritize this Resource", then slide it to the top of the Priority list. After that, when you bring up a resource it will quote the Bible text not the notes! See below, and note it is not bolded:

Posts 207
Kendall Sholtess | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 1 2015 7:00 PM

Thank you so much, Don! That really worked!  I almost never use the drop-down menu on prioritizing.  

God bless!

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS