Strange web site behavior

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 9488
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Feb 27 2015 7:38 AM

Is anyone else experiencing what I have been experiencing lately?

I try to connect to either the logos.com site or to the forums and I get:

The url is: http://www.amazon.com/communities/directory?utm_source=logos.com&utm_medium=website&utm_content=logosfooterlink&utm_campaign=logos

This happens to me a lot.

Recently when I am in the forums and I click on the 'Home' link on a forum page or even click on  Logos Bible Software Forums or the word Forums at the top of the web page, I get:

The url is http://pages.ebay.com/messages/page_not_found.html

The first looks like some sort of server issue, and the second looks like some sort of highjacking.

My Norton Antivirus software is up-to-date and working, and I have Malwarebytes Anti-Malware installed and operating.

Before I spend a bunch of time trying to figure out what is going wrong, I thought I'd see if I'm alone.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 29592
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 27 2015 8:05 AM

I haven't seen this behavior. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1993
Donnie Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 27 2015 8:07 AM

Mark,

I am not seeing this at all. I tried all the variations you referenced, and I am ending up at the right page every time.

I'm trying to think of what could cause that to happen in a localized fashion. DNS? If you know how to use nslookup or dig, do you see the same IP address returned for amazon or ebay IP addresses returned when you do a lookup for community.logos.com?

Very weird...

Donnie

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 27 2015 8:12 AM

This isn't the source of your problem, but I get that behavior on some of my browsers, if there's any hint of the link being wrong (uses my search prefs).  But that wouldn't be what you're experiencing.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 9488
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 27 2015 8:17 AM

Thanks all. I will look further into this on my side.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 27 2015 8:18 AM

I'm not seeing this either. My first suggestion was going to be Malwarebytes. Will it update & run a scan?

What happens if you use a different browser (Chrome, Firefox, IE)?

Sometimes I've had to resort to ADWCleaner, which does a more thorough job (and may catch a few false positive PUP's). Here's the link for that: https://toolslib.net/downloads/viewdownload/1-adwcleaner/ 

But it may be as simple as rebooting your computer, and clearing your temp files and cache. I use CCleaner (free version) for that. 

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 3297
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 27 2015 8:21 AM

I actually have been seeing this Mark so when you figure it out lol tell me what I am doing wrong.

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 791
James Hiddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 27 2015 9:00 AM

Maybe Faithlife bought Amazon and Ebay and they're not telling us until it's the right time Wink Big Smile

Posts 3703
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 27 2015 9:05 AM

sorry all is good here.

mm.

Posts 9488
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 27 2015 9:17 AM

FaithLife uses Amazon servers for at least some things, so the first issue made sense.

Malwarebytes reports no issues and no problems with its most recent scan. I may go ahead and rerun the scan.

i have the same issues with Firefox, my normal browser, and IE.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 9609
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 27 2015 10:25 AM

I'm not seeing any issues either.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS