Scans coming up empty.

Page 1 of 2 (32 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 31 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 16
David James Mattley | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Feb 27 2015 12:31 PM

Installed the Logos 6 Core Engine yesterday and am running the latest update as of 2/27/15 and received an email from tech support that told me how to scan in resources/books. When I upgraded I only obtained 368 books out of my old Libronix DLS v 3.0g library of 576 books. So, I tried scanning my old resource folder where the 576 books are and got no additions. Then I tried scanning my DVD housing the IVP Reference Collection and got no additions to my v 6.1 library either. I do the Scan command (Scan C:\Program Files (x86)\Libronix DLS\Resources\ or Scan E:\), close the program, reopen the program and it says it is updating my resources, however I get nothing new or nothing added either from a Libronix DVD or the Resources directory under my old Libronix DLS directory. So, does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get the rest of my Libronix books into my new library under v 6.1?

Posts 5258
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 27 2015 1:10 PM

David James Mattley:

Installed the Logos 6 Core Engine yesterday and am running the latest update as of 2/27/15 and received an email from tech support that told me how to scan in resources/books. When I upgraded I only obtained 368 books out of my old Libronix DLS v 3.0g library of 576 books. So, I tried scanning my old resource folder where the 576 books are and got no additions. Then I tried scanning my DVD housing the IVP Reference Collection and got no additions to my v 6.1 library either. I do the Scan command (Scan C:\Program Files (x86)\Libronix DLS\Resources\ or Scan E:\), close the program, reopen the program and it says it is updating my resources, however I get nothing new or nothing added either from a Libronix DVD or the Resources directory under my old Libronix DLS directory. So, does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get the rest of my Libronix books into my new library under v 6.1?

David is there a reason that you do not want to download the books from the Logos website.

Is it that some are unavailable from that source?

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 16
David James Mattley | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 27 2015 1:30 PM

Not sure what you mean or how to go about doing that. I purchased the scholar edition of Logos Series X several years ago and then upgraded to Logos 3 several years later. I also purchased the IVP Reference Collection during that time. So, my Libronix DLS software has "My Library" at 576 books and they are all on my current HDD. I was told that v 6.1 would place all my books into it's library, however it only placed 368 of them. Then I was told it would scan Libronix DVD's and add books that way, but that does not work either. And, I am not aware of a way of getting these books from the Logos website without paying for them a second time and I do not have the money to do that nor do I feel I should have to pay for a book twice.

Posts 29352
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 27 2015 1:54 PM

David James Mattley:
I do not have the money to do that nor do I feel I should have to pay for a book twice.

Don't worry, you won't need to. We will figure this out. Smile

David James Mattley:
Not sure what you mean or how to go about doing that.

Under normal circumstances, anything you have purchased should show up when you log into L6 and automatically download from the Faithlife servers. It may be, however, that you have resources which never synced up with the "cloud." 

Did you read the wiki article on using the scan method? Here is the link: https://wiki.logos.com/Quick_Installation_onto_multiple_computers 

Make sure to read the "before you start" section. I think you will use the "method 3"

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1899
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 27 2015 1:55 PM
David, welcome to the forums. I assume that you are jumping from Logos 3 to Logos 6? Things have changed, and all the resources you own can be downloaded via the internet. I would call Logos support and explain your situation. They will verify and unlock the resources you own online, then you'll be able to download them and never worry about discs again.
Posts 5258
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 27 2015 1:55 PM

David James Mattley:
And, I am not aware of a way of getting these books from the Logos website without paying for them a second time and I do not have the money to do that nor do I feel I should have to pay for a book twice.

Ok David - one thing that Logos guarantee is that you will not have to pay for resources twice.

However you still need to get your books.

When ever I buy a new computer I shun all the quick fixes for scanning my library in from other sources (in my case it could, in theory, be, time machine) instead I simply logo into my Logos account and allow all the resources to download from the Logos servers then I let the whole lot index and I have a fresh clean installation.

If your resources are not downloading automatically then you should contact Logos and ask them to check your licences. If you are not in the US Skype is an inexpensive option for making the call. All the resources should have been backed up on Logos servers.

Do you see all the books that should be in your library if you log into www.biblia.com ?

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 5258
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 27 2015 1:55 PM

David James Mattley:
And, I am not aware of a way of getting these books from the Logos website without paying for them a second time and I do not have the money to do that nor do I feel I should have to pay for a book twice.

Ok David - one thing that Logos guarantee is that you will not have to pay for resources twice.

However you still need to get your books.

When ever I buy a new computer I shun all the quick fixes for scanning my library in from other sources (in my case it could, in theory, be, time machine) instead I simply logo into my Logos account and allow all the resources to download from the Logos servers then I let the whole lot index and I have a fresh clean installation.

If your resources are not downloading automatically then you should contact Logos and ask them to check your licences. If you are not in the US Skype is an inexpensive option for making the call. All the resources should have been backed up on Logos servers.

Do you see all the books that should be in your library if you log into www.biblia.com ?

tootle pip

Mike

Posts 26588
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 27 2015 2:17 PM

David James Mattley:
Not sure what you mean or how to go about doing that.

It's a reference to your Order history but it will not help with your issue.

David James Mattley:
I purchased the scholar edition of Logos Series X several years ago and then upgraded to Logos 3 several years later. I also purchased the IVP Reference Collection during that time. So, my Libronix DLS software has "My Library" at 576 books and they are all on my current HDD.

You need to get the licenses for these books recognised for use in Logos 6. This article will tell you how (under License uploads). Once that has been done your books should be downloaded automatically. If books are still missing then you can re-try a scan of your Libronix resources folder.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 16
David James Mattley | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 27 2015 9:29 PM

From one Dave to another...thanks! The article was a great help. It appears that the Logos 3 server no longer exists and that's where all my resource licenses were. So, C/S says they can restore and unlock all my resources once they get the serial numbers of my original purchases in 2006 and before. I have sent them that information and hopefully by mid next week I'll have all my books. I do find it interesting that my customer record and profile stayed in tact through all their upgrades, but my licenses went to the server junk yard along with the Logos 3 server. So, I also made a suggestion to Logos that they connect the resource licenses for each customer to their customer record rather than the server where their version of software resides. One would think that if a customer was pulled up in the Logos customer database, their resource licenses would be available right there or connected through a customer resource database and not where the actual version of software resides.

Posts 26588
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 28 2015 4:26 AM

David James Mattley:
So, C/S says they can restore and unlock all my resources once they get the serial numbers of my original purchases in 2006 and before. I have sent them that information and hopefully by mid next week I'll have all my books.

Because you said the books were on your drive (in Libronix) I thought C/S would accept your backup license per the section on License Uploads. Was that not possible?

David James Mattley:
 I do find it interesting that my customer record and profile stayed in tact through all their upgrades, but my licenses went to the server junk yard along with the Logos 3 server. So, I also made a suggestion to Logos that they connect the resource licenses for each customer to their customer record

Or transfer them to the newer Logos license servers before decommissioning.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 5258
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 28 2015 4:32 AM

David

I am still interested to know if the books appear on Biblia.com when you log in?

If they don't there is surely an issue here as well!

tootle pip

Mike

Posts 16
David James Mattley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 28 2015 10:39 AM

Mike...When I have time I will check it out, however I don't know if I have ever been on Biblia.com because it's not in my password list of websites. So, how is Biblia.com associated with Logos or Faithlife?

Posts 29352
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 28 2015 10:42 AM

David James Mattley:
So, how is Biblia.com associated with Logos or Faithlife?

Biblia.com is owned by faithlife/logos. It is a web based site which allows you access to some of your resources.

Posts 16
David James Mattley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 28 2015 10:50 AM

C/S never suggested it. The problem might be that because Logos 3/Libronix DLS software will no longer connect to Logos, they may have figured this way was easier than me having to zip directories and files and send them those. However, my concern is the S/N I sent them for my original purchases of Logos Series X Scholar's Library was all I had. When I purchased the Logos 3 and the Scholar's Library upgrade in 2006, the upgrade had no serial number and used the original from Series X. I did read somewhere that there is a patch one can install that will patch Logos 3 so it will have a different server address and connect to a now live server like Logos 6. However, C/S did not offer that solution either. So, this next week will tell if we have to also use one of these other approaches to retrieve all my licenses.

Posts 16
David James Mattley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 28 2015 11:13 AM

Mike...I took a second and signed into Biblia.com. Turns out my Logos sign-in works. My library shows 131 Bibles and 242 other books. So, all my books are not there either. In fact my Logos 3 library at 576 says that I am missing 203 books or Bibles. Wish I had the time to sit down and compare titles, because I would love to see exactly whats missing and where it is associated; Series X Scholar's (QB), Logos 3 Scholar's (OC), or The IVP Reference Collection. What's also interesting is that Biblia.com has 373 total and my Logos 6.1 says 368, so there's another 5 Logos 6.1 can't seem to find.

Posts 29352
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 28 2015 11:35 AM

David James Mattley:
What's also interesting is that Biblia.com has 373 total and my Logos 6.1 says 368, so there's another 5 Logos 6.1 can't seem to find.

Well, actually no. Biblia does not equal "your" library. Biblia includes all of the resources you own (which Logos knows about) that are biblia.com enabled PLUS some additional resources which you do not own licenses for. These additional resources largely include foreign language bibles.

Posts 5258
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 28 2015 12:02 PM

Thanks for taking the time to look David. It does seem to imply that your Logos 3 licences were not recorded at Bellingham.

However I am surprised that customer service cannot ascertain from you sufficient details to allow them to confirm you bona fide and unlock the resources you are missing.

Clutching at straws here (and just because I don't want to leave any stone unturned) - but I take it that none of this stuff is recorded on your orders page at logos.com?

tootle pip

Mike

Posts 16
David James Mattley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 28 2015 6:07 PM

I sent C/S my 2006 customer ID and my invvoice number from when I purchased my upgrades (remember no serial numbers came with upgrades back then), and I sent the serial numbers and activation codes for both my original purchases for Logos Series X Scholar's Library (QB) and The Essential IVP Reference Collection. So, hopefully they now have enough to get the job completed on their end. However, I sent them late Friday night, so I am not expecting to hear from them till Tuesday or Wednesday. Hopefully they can verify my purchases of the updates in 2006, but what concerns me is it doesn't appear they are keeping records back that far. This saga, which may turn epic, may go on for a couple of weeks. Right now I am trying to figure out a way to cut and paste all my unlocked rsources listed in my Logos 3 library. Trying to highlight more than one line doesn't work, however right clicking the mouse on the resource allows me to copy a citation which when pasted into Word does net me the title of the book, etc. I may put these, line-by-line into Excell and create a spread sheet, but at 578 lines/titles that is going to be what turns this into an epic situation. Sure wish there was an Export function in Logos 3 because that would probably solve all my problems.

Posts 16
David James Mattley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 28 2015 7:42 PM

Well, I started my copying citations from the line entries in "My Library" in Logos 3 and I may not be missing any books after all. It appears in Logos 3 that the same book may be listed several times over in the list by different descriptions, especially the Lexicons and Bibles. How do I know this? Because once I entered 229 citations into Excell and then sorted alphabetically, I ended up with duplicate citations for multiple entries. In fact there were so many exact duplicate citations that the first 229 entries in "My Library" reduced to 116 entries in my Excell spreadsheet after I deleted all the exact duplicate citations.

Posts 29352
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 28 2015 8:01 PM

Interesting. I hope you get it all sorted out.

Page 1 of 2 (32 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS