ISBE Cheap with Dynamic Pricing on Factbook Collection (22 vols.)

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2212
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Feb 28 2015 2:39 PM

I have wanted the International Standard Bible Encyclopedia for a long time, but it is just something that I kept putting on the back burner.  I noticed that it is included in the Factbook Collection (22 vols.), which with dynamic pricing ended up being less than half the cost of the ISBE alone.  I just thought this might be a good find for some of you, as it seems that many of the other books are in base packages, so it is likely that many own them.

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 8040
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 28 2015 3:00 PM

Nice, but I already own the older version.  Don't they say the older version is better?

DAL

Posts 2212
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 28 2015 4:03 PM

DAL:

Don't they say the older version is better?

DAL

I don't know.  I looked on Amazon and both versions have high positive reviews.  I know that it is usually brought up in the same conversations as the IVP black dictionaries and the Anchor Bible dictionaries.

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 2322
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 28 2015 4:08 PM

Maybe.  Maybe not.  But Logos plethora of Bible dictionary links seem to favor the new, perhaps excluding the old entirely.  Already it is 20 years old.  I wonder when the revised version comes out?  And what will happen to all those links?  

Posts 29352
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 28 2015 4:10 PM

How many other resources were you able to pick up "new"? My "dynamic price" is less than half off of the ISBE. I may have to wade through the list to figure out what I would get. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 2212
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 28 2015 4:17 PM

alabama24:

How many other resources were you able to pick up "new"? My "dynamic price" is less than half off of the ISBE. I may have to wade through the list to figure out what I would get. 

I also got The Books of the Bible Made Easy and Theology of the Old Testament, including the study guide for $51.90, so I guess I had the rest.

Posts 29352
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 28 2015 5:26 PM

Gulp. I picked it up too. Here is what I added:

• International Standard Bible Encyclopedia
  • Tyndale Concise Bible Commentary
  • The Outline Bible
  • Theology of the Old Testament: Testimony, Dispute, Advocacy
  • Willmington’s Bible Handbook (doesn’t appear to be sold separately).

I noticed that a couple other resources also don't appear to be sold individually... but I already owned them.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 2212
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 28 2015 5:31 PM

alabama24:

Gulp. I picked it up too. Here is what I added:

• International Standard Bible Encyclopedia
  • Tyndale Concise Bible Commentary
  • The Outline Bible
  • Theology of the Old Testament: Testimony, Dispute, Advocacy
  • Willmington’s Bible Handbook (doesn’t appear to be sold separately).

I noticed that a couple other resources also don't appear to be sold individually... but I already owned them.

I'm with you.  I couldn't pass it up, and I am afraid that they may discontinue this set eventually!

Posts 472
Stephen McCracken | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 1 2015 1:19 AM

Hadn't seen this bundle until this post. Picked up the Bible Reader's Companion ($35) for $10. Thanks

Posts 790
James Hiddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 1 2015 9:23 AM

The Factbook collection looks nice thanks Yes

Posts 2322
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 1 2015 4:55 PM

I bought and am pretty happy.

Posts 9566
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 1 2015 6:21 PM

I checked and found out that I already had all of these resources so that saved some $.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS