[resolved]Scripture references within NOTES not linked to Bible

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 34
James Clabaugh | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Feb 28 2015 2:54 PM

When creating a note, I often put additional Scripture references within the body of the note.  How can I link them to the Bible so I can click and go to that reference?

Posts 25772
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 28 2015 3:07 PM

James Clabaugh:

When creating a note, I often put additional Scripture references within the body of the note.  How can I link them to the Bible so I can click and go to that reference?

This works automatically on Windows but I seem to remember hearing there was some reason this doesn't work on Mac (though I could be wrong)

What platform are you running on?

Posts 244
Brian Losabia | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 28 2015 3:11 PM

My references to Scripture seem to link automatically in notes.  I link them with book abbreviation, a space, then chapter-colon-verse(s).  The references turn dark blue, display the linked text on mouse over/hover, and link out to the Bible with a <Ctrl>-<Click> . 

Examples of how I enter references: Jn 1:14, 2 Pet 3:9, Wis 2:23-4, etc.

Posts 9181
LogosEmployee

Graham Criddle:
I seem to remember hearing there was some reason this doesn't work on Mac (though I could be wrong)

That was fixed in Logos 5.1: "Implemented automatic hyperlink detection on Mac" (https://wiki.logos.com/Logos_5.1

Posts 25772
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 28 2015 10:50 PM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

Graham Criddle:
I seem to remember hearing there was some reason this doesn't work on Mac (though I could be wrong)

That was fixed in Logos 5.1: "Implemented automatic hyperlink detection on Mac" (https://wiki.logos.com/Logos_5.1

Thanks Bradley

Posts 34
James Clabaugh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 1 2015 7:50 PM

I don't know what I was doing wrong but your suggestions work perfectly.  all's well.  thanks.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS