No Results in Factbook or Topic Guide

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 412
StephenMcC | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Mar 3 2015 3:37 AM

I purchased the following in the March monthly sale

https://www.logos.com/product/3130/the-thematic-bible

https://www.logos.com/product/15542/the-new-thematic-concordance

I was expecting these would generate more results in the Factbook and Topic Guide (acting like Nave's  Topical Bible etc.) but there are no results from these books (even when prioritised). They do not seem to operate within the Guides and only are useful as individual books.

Do I have an indexing issue? Or is the problem with the tagging of the books themselves?

Posts 3769
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 3 2015 3:49 AM

I do not own either and so cannot tell you whether your experience is normal. Perhaps others will. In the meantime, you can check how your resources are indexed and searchable by clicking on the info button (the round with the exclamation point in the top right corner of your resource window). Look for something like this:

This may provide insight as to where you can expect to see results (and where you may not).

Posts 412
StephenMcC | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 3 2015 4:04 AM

Thanks Francis for quick reply,

The New Thematic Concordance has the same info as the nave's Topical Bible.

The Thematic Bible: Topical Analysis as no information in the "Indexes"

So I should at least be getting results in the "New Thematic Concordance" - or is the problem due to the fact that the Thematic Concordance is tagged as a Concordance rather than a topical-Bible and that is the reason its not showing up in the searches?

But then "Thematic Bible: Topical Analysis" is tagged as "topical" but it doesn't show up either.

Does anyone have these resources?

Posts 22826
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 3 2015 4:15 AM

StephenMcC:
So I should at least be getting results in the "New Thematic Concordance" - or is the problem due to the fact that the Thematic Concordance is tagged as a Concordance rather than a topical-Bible and that is the reason its not showing up in the searches?

A type of "Concordance" is fine but they need to be tagged with "Logos Controlled Vocabulary" (LCV) topic names and not all resources are.

So I expect the issue is that the Thematic Concordance isn't LCV tagged 

Posts 412
StephenMcC | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 3 2015 5:12 AM

Thank you Graham, that makes sense. But of course I'm disappointed with  the books lack of usability within L6 (I'm sending an email to check on these things and will update the forum if there is anything to add).

Posts 25731
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 7 2015 2:15 PM

All is not lost as you can include a collection of concordances in the Collections section of Topic Guide.

The collection rule should be type:concordance, but see what appears under Type in your Library.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 18876
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 7 2015 4:58 PM

Dave Hooton:

All is not lost as you can include a collection of concordances in the Collections section of Topic Guide.

The collection rule should be type:concordance, but see what appears under Type in your Library.

I keep a collection of Topical Bible Indexes which includes all type:concordance resources as well as a few others that fit the description. Then I do a search within that collection whenever I'm looking for a topic.

Here's what's in my collection (it includes one of those two you mentioned, but I see I didn't have The New Thematic Concordance; will rectify that!):

Posts 25731
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 8 2015 5:43 AM

Why do you use Vine's Topic Finder as I can't get results from it in Topic Guide?

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 790
James Hiddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 8 2015 9:38 AM

Thanks for mentioning the Thematic Concordance Cool

Posts 412
StephenMcC | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 8 2015 1:34 PM

StephenMcC:

Thanks for the helpful replies above. 

An update from Faithlife by email is that they "do not have any plans to add the concordance to Factbook."

Regarding the Thematic Bible, I quote: "we are currently evaluating this and other resources to add."

Posts 1059
JohnB | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 8 2015 2:14 PM

Rosie Perera:
I keep a collection of Topical Bible Indexes which includes all type:concordance resources as well as a few others that fit the description. T
Thanks Rosie - got one or two ideas from the list!

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS