Slow downloading video in presentation

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 35
Wallace Johnson | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Mar 5 2015 5:47 PM

We use some video clips that are somewhat large, anywhere from 100-150 MB, and until recently they would download in 3-5 minutes. Our download speeds have actually increased recently, but now they can take over an hour to finish. The sync circle appears all red, like it should almost be done downloading, but it just does not finish.  Is there a limit on how much video we can have in MyContent? Could that be affecting the downloads?

Posts 1232
Spencer McKimson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 6 2015 9:22 AM

Wallace Johnson:
but it just does not finish

Does this happen with all videos or only specific ones? Which presentation is this affecting? I would like to take a look. If you could also post your logs from a session where this happens, that would be great.

Wallace Johnson:
Is there a limit on how much video we can have in MyContent?

There is not a limit, so this shouldn't be affecting the downloads.

Posts 35
Wallace Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 8 2015 5:46 PM

It is only certain video files but they are similar to ones that downloaded just fine a month or two ago. I started Proclaim on the computer we use for presentations and after 5 hours it still did not download. I am attaching the log file.

5233753.Proclaim.log

Posts 35
Wallace Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 9 2015 6:04 PM

As an addition, I did get it to work better if I converted it to a .wvm file and uploaded that on my Mac. Then when I opened it on the presentation PC running Windows 7 it did not have to transcode the file. But it never had problems with a mp4 of mov file in the past.

Posts 3502
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 10 2015 9:04 AM

Thanks for submitting the log. It looks like your requests to transcode .mov uploads are failing, or at least taking a really long time. I'll be investigating shortly.

Posts 3502
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 11 2015 9:23 AM

There was a transient issue using a third party tool we use for transcoding uploaded video. We have deployed a fix and have fixed the piece of media that was affected in the log file you submitted. Sorry for the inconvenience and please let us know if you experience the issue again.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS