Logos 6 crashes immediately on startup on new Windows 8.1 installation

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 27
Joseph T. Richardson | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Mar 7 2015 8:42 AM

Hello, everybody. I just re-re-installed Windows 8.1 on my desktop (again) for the sole purpose of running Logos. Yesterday I ran the downloadable installer from Logos.com, and it installed Logos 5, downloaded my mountain of resources, and spent the whole day indexing. Everything worked fine last night. This morning I ran the Logos 6 installer, and after an apparently successful install, Logos crashes immediately on startup, after a second or two of the splash screen, before the Logos logger even engages. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times, to no avail. The Windows event viewer shows two errors consistently, a .NET runtime error and a Logos.com application error. Can anybody help?

Please see the attached error summary from the Windows event viewer.

2543.Logos6_InitCrash_EventLog.txt

Posts 24620
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 7 2015 8:56 AM

Hi Joseph - sorry to hear you are having problems

Please enable diagnostic logging and post logs as a reply in this thread after a failed startup attempt. Details are at https://www.logos.com/support/logos6/windows/report-problem 

Graham

Posts 27
Joseph T. Richardson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 7 2015 9:32 AM

Thanks, Graham, but logging is enabled. The program crashes before the logger even engages and any error logs are produced. I've posted the error logs from the Windows event viewer, as requested here.

Posts 24620
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 7 2015 9:40 AM

Joseph T. Richardson:
The program crashes before the logger even engages and any error logs are produced

Sorry, Joseph, you specified that in your original post and I missed it.Embarrassed

Hopefully someone from the Faithlife team will see it and be able to comment but it may need a call to Customer Services and to ask them to access your system remotely (if you are willing for that). Their details are at https://www.logos.com/contact but you are unlikely to get any response until Monday.

EDIT: One thing to try - if you hold down the Ctrl key while starting Logos do you get to the login screen? If so, what happens if you try and open to a blank layout, or select the option to work offline?

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS