[resolved]HALOT does not display search results in color

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 13
Chuck | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Mar 9 2015 1:45 PM

When I click a word in my Hebrew text (BHW 4.18) and my verse happens to be included in the HALOT entry, the passage in HALT does not appear in color like in version 5. I was wondering if others have missed this feature. 

Posts 25126
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 9 2015 2:51 PM

Chuck:
When I click a word in my Hebrew text (BHW 4.18) and my verse happens to be included in the HALOT entry, the passage in HALT does not appear in color like in version 5

It does in BHS (I don't have BHW) - do you have "Emphasize active references" (or "Links to open panels") enabled?

Posts 9147
LogosEmployee

Note that this is still called "Links to open panels" in 6.1 (it has changed in 6.2).

Posts 13
Chuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 11 2015 1:18 PM

Thanks very much. I have "Links to Open Panels" now checked and it worked for HALOT in conjuction with BHW 4.18

Posts 25126
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 11 2015 1:32 PM

Chuck:

Thanks very much. I have "Links to Open Panels" now checked and it worked for HALOT in conjuction with BHW 4.18

Excellent, thanks for posting back

Posts 732
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 12 2015 6:18 AM

Graham, do you mind informing me what BHS / BHW would be? I've got Halot but nothing pops up in colour nor do I have the "emphasize active references" which must be in either one of these references you mention. 

Posts 25126
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 12 2015 6:27 AM

Bootjack:

Graham, do you mind informing me what BHS / BHW would be?

These are different Hebrew resources- 

https://www.logos.com/product/27271/biblia-hebraica-stuttgartensia-with-werkgroep-informatica-vrije-universiteit-morphology and https://www.logos.com/product/36749/biblia-hebraica-westmonasteriensis-with-westminster-hebrew-morphology-418

Bootjack:

I've got Halot but nothing pops up in colour nor do I have the "emphasize active references" which must be in either one of these references you mention. 

Do you have "links to open panels"? As Bradley points out above this is the current name for this filter

Posts 732
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 12 2015 11:43 AM

Links to open panels --- forgive me but you're losing me. 

Posts 25126
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 12 2015 12:00 PM

Bootjack:

Links to open panels --- forgive me but you're losing me. 

Sorry.

Please explain what issue you are having - ideally with screenshots.

I assumed it was similar to the original post but that might not be the case

Posts 732
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 12 2015 12:31 PM

Hi again Graham,

I'm actually having no problems. My question though originally was with regards to "emphasizing active references" and thought it applied to Halot. Apparently this applies only to the works that I had also asked information about. Am I correct?

Posts 25126
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 12 2015 12:42 PM

Hi Bootjack

The "emphasise active reference" / "link to open panels" isn't resource specific - and it should work for Halot.

The idea is that if you have a Bible (or other versified resource) open to a particular verse, then this verse is highlighted in other resources which you have open and which have the visual filter applied.

So, in lexicons, for example it gives to a quick visual reference to the discussion on the word you are looking up in the lexicon in the context of the verse which is open in the Bible.

Does that make sense?

Graham

Posts 732
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 12 2015 6:25 PM

Got ya Graham. Thanks for the usual & clear explanations. Always appreciate your help!

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 12 2015 7:53 PM

Chuck:

When I click a word in my Hebrew text (BHW 4.18) and my verse happens to be included in the HALOT entry, the passage in HALT does not appear in color like in version 5. I was wondering if others have missed this feature. 

Thanks for bringing this up.  I wasn't aware that it was supposed to be able to do that.  Handy feature though I still think I should do a little searching through the listings myself to be sure that I agree.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS