Strange Highlighting

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 104

I have some odd highlights around some of my resources that I have no idea where they came from, where to disable them, or how they got there. 

Usually they are a pink color highlighting a verse reference and I've noticed them in a few resources, namely the ESV Bible and some NAC commentaries. 

Does anyone have any insight as to what these are? 

Posts 149
Timothy Brown | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 11 2015 7:26 AM

These pink highlights are "links to open panels." If you click on the visual filter of the resource and under "Resource" uncheck "Links to open panels" the pink highlights will disappear.

Windows 8.1 64-bit, Core i5-3330, 8GB RAM

Posts 104
Jeremy Writebol | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 11 2015 7:58 AM

Thank you - I'm not sure I understand the point of them being highlighted if they are already hyperlinked to the text but maybe I'm missing the point all together. 

Posts 607
LogosEmployee
Alan Palmer (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 11 2015 8:53 AM

On the positive side, you should see improved performance by turning it off. Smile I suggest turning off any visual filter you don't use or care about.

The intention behind "Links to open panels" is to highlight references that are active in another panel. The visual filter is particularly useful in lexicons where you want to quickly see the word form that is being used in your open passage.

BTW, in an upcoming release we are disabling this visual filter in Bibles (it is of limited to no use there) and we've renamed it to try to help clarify what it does.

Posts 104
Jeremy Writebol | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 11 2015 12:13 PM

Thanks Alan - that makes sense for resources like BDAG and others but not so much for Bible text itself. I appreciate the insight on that feature. 

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS