CRASH on adding new resources

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 46
John Thomson | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Mar 11 2015 9:11 AM

5 times, I got the error message

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available

I just opened the program, and there was a download available. As it got to 72%, it stopped working and crashed, EVERY time since this update that I restarted, I got the message above. Since I did not see this on the support page, I am also calling tech  support and waiting...... waiting..... waiting................

Posts 29471
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 11 2015 10:16 AM

Have you restarted your computer?

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 16
David James Mattley | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 11 2015 10:31 AM

John - A couple of things I would do first, is make sure I had enough contiguous free space on my hard drive (not a lot of large fragmented files) sitting out there). I would also make sure I was alloting as much processor time as I could to the download (not running or doing a bunch of other stuff while the download was in process. My resource download took over two hours (my DSL is maxed at 1.5), so I made sure my power settings were not trying to put my HDD to sleep, run the screen saver, or do anything that would take away from the download. Since, you have crashed several times, you may need to run a check disk and defrag your hard drive before trying it again. Hope this helps.

Posts 46
John Thomson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 11 2015 11:09 AM

THANK YOU  for your help. Finally I got the answer by calling a tech

Here is the solution:

There is a program from Lavasoft (good company, good products) which installed something called "Web Companion"

Go through the Windows delete program find it, and then remove it. That is the easiest way because Windows remembers the registry keys for the product.

Another, untried method is to use Revo Uninstall, which is a free utility, and I recommend the product for general use.

Posts 16
David James Mattley | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 11 2015 11:25 AM

Don't use Lavasoft, used to but the program and company are not American, so I got rid of it. I have been using PC Matic for several years on all my PC's and Laptop's and have never had a problem, plus it's 100% American down to even the C/S and T/S teams. Plus $50 a year allows me 5 licenses. Sorry, not advertising and I do NOT work for PC Matic.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS