Overlap between Morris Proctor resources?

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 1228
Ron | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Mar 12 2015 11:37 AM

How much overlap is there between the various Morris Proctor resources?

I own the Logos 6: What's New? videos and I'm in on the pre-pubs for Logos Academic Training, Camp Logos 1, and the Logos 6 Training Manuals.

Is there enough unique material in each of these to justify getting all 3?  Or is there quite a bit of overlap?  Is Academic Training similar to Camp Logos 1, but with more of a seminary/academic usage model focus?  Is the material in the Training Manuals similar/identical to that presented in the Camp Logos videos?

Any help would be appreciated.

Posts 1564
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 12 2015 6:06 PM

Ron:

I own the Logos 6: What's New? videos and I'm in on the pre-pubs for Logos Academic Training, Camp Logos 1, and the Logos 6 Training Manuals.

Is there enough unique material in each of these to justify getting all 3?  Or is there quite a bit of overlap?  Is Academic Training similar to Camp Logos 1, but with more of a seminary/academic usage model focus?  Is the material in the Training Manuals similar/identical to that presented in the Camp Logos videos?

I've been waiting for someone to post who can actually answer your question, but it may just be there's no one out there who's checked them all out, so here's my two cents worth (maybe less).  I would encourage you to contact support though to see if you get similar answers.

My two (or less) Cents Worth

I don't qualify for Academic pricing so I never inquired on that.  But 3-4 weeks ago I looked over several of the new Logos 6 training offerings and it did seem that there was a lot of overlap so I called support.  I'm sorry I can't pinpoint the exact products right now but they ranged from $99 to $199 at pre-pub pricing.

The $99 product had many/most of the same items in the T.O.C. as the more expensive products so my first question to support was why the difference in pricing.  I was told the $99 product did indeed "cover" so-to-speak the same items, but didn't go into nearly as much detail.  I was told it was more in-depth though than the Quick-Start videos.  I was told the $199 products also covered much of the same material, but that the Mobile Ed product, included all the audio in "text" format (a manual of-sorts) and that it could be searched, whereas the other $199 product did not.  The $199 price for the Mobil Ed product was a pre-pub price--IIRC the web page indicated the regular price for that would be about $280.

In the end, I just decided to go with the two Morris Proctor training manuals for the $39.95 pre-pub price.  I later tried (and liked) the Udemy and LearnLogos videos and may cancel the MP manuals.

Posts 1564
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 12 2015 6:31 PM

I went back and took a look at some of the training materials.  I "think" the ones below are the ones I spoke with Support about.  All prices are pre-pub pricing.

Posts 10
Sanford Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 13 2015 1:08 PM

Ron:

I called in myself about the difference between Logos Academic Training and Camp Logos (Logos 6). The guy I spoke with didn't know but he talked to a fellow worker who knew. From what I remember being told, Camp Logos is definitely better. It may also be more thorough but I'm not sure about that though.

I don't know now how much difference there is between Camp Logos and the Training Manuals but I am am thinking of getting both since there is free shipping and pre-pub pricing on the Training Manuals currently. Even if the Training Manuals cover the same material, it would be nice to have them for quick referencing and review of concepts after you've done Camp Logos. 

So that's is my "3" cents. :)

Posts 1228
Ron | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 13 2015 7:37 PM

Thanks for the answers both.  That helps a lot.  I think I'm going to cancel the manuals and the Academic Training and go with just the Camp Logos 1.

Posts 1564
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 13 2015 8:36 PM

Ron:

Thanks for the answers both.  That helps a lot.  I think I'm going to cancel the manuals and the Academic Training and go with just the Camp Logos 1.

You're welcome, Ron.  I hope the Camp Logos material works well for you.  Regarding the manuals, there's been some discussion about them that you might be interested in.  The thread is located here if you want to take a peek.  I believe the pre-pub price and free shipping ends Sunday night or Monday morning.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS