importing a PDF

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 15
Karl Sarpalius | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Mar 17 2015 8:13 PM

So I'm slowly transferring notes from my paper Bible into Logos.  However there are charts and drawings that I guess I could recreate in Omnigraffle or something and then save as a PDF but is there a way to import a PDF into a document in one of my folders?

And if not... any suggestions?

Thanks

Jn. 3:30

Posts 32168
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 17 2015 8:23 PM

You can only import .docx files. However, MSWord will convert a PDF into .docx format.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 19223
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 17 2015 9:17 PM

MJ. Smith:
MSWord will convert a PDF into .docx format

Word 2013 only (prior ones cannot).

Posts 3295
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 18 2015 6:04 AM

Rosie Perera:

MJ. Smith:
MSWord will convert a PDF into .docx format

Word 2013 only (prior ones cannot).

There are also some websites that will convert them as well if you don't want to fork out for Word 2013

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 274
Average Joe | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 18 2015 6:24 AM

I've been following the advice from user Royce Odiyar in this thread:

https://community.logos.com/forums/p/36693/602147.aspx 

It involves using Microsoft's OneDrive, which I already use.  But I think this mainly works with pdfs that are not scanned in pdfs.  For that, I have used Microsoft's OneNote.  You can "print" a pdf to a sheet in OneNote, right click on the printout, select "Copy text from all pages of the printout", and then paste it into a Word document, which can then be turned into a personal book.  This method generally involves a lot of clean up, though.

I'm not sure how pictures are displayed in personal books.  If you have charts and drawings, I'd probably try to scan them in as a jpg and then paste the picture file into a Word document and make that a personal book.  I've never tried it, so I cannot tell you how well that would work.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS