OT - Forum Member Joe Miller

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 706
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jan 21 2010 6:25 PM

Right off: Joe did not ask me to do this.

Joe is a church planter and funds his ministry in part by designing web sites. I found him through here and used his services.

I give him a hearty recommendation to those of you that cannot afford a big-time web site or if you do not have a web person in the church. I was very please with his design and helpfulness through the whole process.

For a church of only 200 people, we have a pretty nifty site. There is a plug for Logos on our links page.

If you are interested in Joe's services, you can go here.

Advertisement over. Back to Logos.

Jerry

iMac (2019 model), 3Ghz 6 Core Intel i5, 16gb Ram, Radeon Pro Graphics. 500GB SSD.

Posts 3676
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 21 2010 9:12 PM

Hi Jerry,

FYI, forum guidlines are at: http://community.logos.com/forums/p/10072/79655.aspx#79655 . We aren't supposed to advertise...

Grace & Peace,
Bill

Asus GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
Samsung S9+, 64GB
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 706
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 22 2010 8:09 AM

Bill -

Thanks for the heads-up. I have not been on the forums much this week. Looks like that went up a couple of days ago and I missed it.

Logos - take this down if you want and please accept my apology. Even without the recent guidelines, I would not have considered putting up a for-profit ad. Joe is in this for ministry. Not excusing, just explaining my motive.

Jerry

iMac (2019 model), 3Ghz 6 Core Intel i5, 16gb Ram, Radeon Pro Graphics. 500GB SSD.

Posts 3676
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 22 2010 8:35 AM

Blessings to you, Jerry...

Grace & Peace,
Bill

Asus GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
Samsung S9+, 64GB
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 2934
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 22 2010 11:49 AM

Pretty sure Bob would be fine with this. Dan would want it down. 

This may break letter of the law but not intent, especially seeing how Joe is an active and helpful member

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 3768
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 22 2010 12:50 PM

Jerry Bush:

For a church of only 200 people, we have a pretty nifty site. There is a plug for Logos on our links page.

If you are interested in Joe's services, you can go here.

weird.  both take me to more than cake.

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 706
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 22 2010 1:46 PM

Both worked fine for me, including the quoted versions in your post.

Jerry

Posts 3768
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 22 2010 2:25 PM

Jerry Bush:

Both worked fine for me, including the quoted versions in your post.

Jerry

Not me.  the Mt. Gilead link takes me to the article on . . . wait, now it worked.  (i was working on it while typing this).  I think it had to do with the K9 internet filter.  The filter automatically diverted it to morethancake.  once I allowed that site, and then clicked on the link again, I got mt. gilead. Still, weird.

Dan

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 22 2010 3:07 PM

Jerry Bush:
Logos - take this down if you want and please accept my apology. Even without the recent guidelines, I would not have considered putting up a for-profit ad. Joe is in this for ministry. Not excusing, just explaining my motive.

Jerry,

I hope they leave this post up so everybody can see how nicely the issue can be handled. Especially since the subject is not some spammer or profiteer. Indifferent

There are no hurt feelings, no verbal abuses, no disparaging remarks. I would like to point out that many or most? who post are performing ministries for the kingdom of God. So if that is the exception to the rule.... we can ignore the rule pretty much most of the time. Devil

(Nice website your church has.)

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 22 2010 3:10 PM

BillS:

FYI, forum guidlines are at: http://community.logos.com/forums/p/10072/79655.aspx#79655 . We aren't supposed to advertise...

Well done BillS. Now how come I could never say it that nice the last 900+ times I tried??

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 2778
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 22 2010 3:37 PM

First, I appreciate Jerry's heart and desire to support me by showing public appreciation for the design work I did for him. Thank you Jerry.  Your demonstration of love is deeply meaningful to me brother Big Smile

That being said, I do think the original post goes against the intent of new forum guidelines.  The guidelines, however, do not mention how Logos will address violations of the guidelines.  In this case, I would not be the least bit hurt or offended if Logos decided to delete this thread.  I trust Logos to do what is right.

Thank you.

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 67
Jeff Hetrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 25 2010 9:38 AM

I personally don't have a need for a webpage design or any of the other services at this time.  I did have a need for one of the messages from the church website.  Just finished listening to it, taking notes, and using Logos4 to expand on it.  Timely blessing.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS