Mouse selections assume too much in Logos 6

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 681
Jim | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Mar 22 2015 9:52 AM

I've noticed since upgrading to Logos 6 that when I attempt to select a section of text for copy or highlighting, that the program grabs portions of text larger than what I want. For example, it will jump to highlighting a paragraph or verse or if I touch a space at the end of some text it will jump to include the next word. 

I've been wrestling with this for some time now thinking I'll get the hang of it eventually but it is time consuming, annoying and certainly different from what it used to be.

A clear example came up today. I have a portion of a verse that I had previously highlighted and decided to change the type of highlight, but find that I can no longer select just that portion of text. Logos persists in jumping to select the entire verse with its verse number. This tells me that Logos has changed the way selection works - and in my opinion for the worse.

Have a great day,
jmac

Posts 959
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 22 2015 10:05 AM

I *think* this is 'Smart' Text Selection and you can disable it in Program Settings:

Posts 30050
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 22 2015 10:31 AM

Jim:
I've been wrestling with this for some time now thinking I'll get the hang of it eventually but it is time consuming, annoying and certainly different from what it used to be.

I think Yasmin has given you the answer you need... "smart select." If not, let us know.

Jim:
This tells me that Logos has changed the way selection works - and in my opinion for the worse.

For clarification: "smart select" was an option in L5 which has been set to the default behavior in L6. Tongue Tied

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 681
Jim | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 22 2015 12:56 PM

Yes  That fixed it. Thanks so much.

Alabama24 said "For clarification: "smart select" was an option in L5 which has been set to the default behavior in L6. Tongue Tied

And that did clarify it. Seems odd to change it that way.

Have a great day,
jmac

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS