Logos Original Language Improvements Vs Accordance 11

Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 22 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 901
Lew Worthington | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 24 2015 9:47 AM

R. Mansfield:

I would suggest, Michael, that if you really want to get a fair shake on your question, you post it in the Accordance forums as well.

That's a fair suggestion, IMO.

I would also add that, keeping in mind the OP's focus, neither platform will learn the languages for you. (I don't mean to be trite or flippant here, but so often I've bought books because somewhere in the deep recesses of my mind, I've confused owning a book and knowing its materials.) Whatever tools a software package has may change the learning experience, but how much it actually contributes to the cognitive activity of learning a language is probably not that much. You still have to learn it. Lots of Greeks learned their language pretty well long before PCs or Macs existed. Smile

Posts 258
Michael | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 24 2015 9:55 AM

Thanks

R. Mansfield:

I'm going to try to walk a fine line here.

I work for Accordance, and I've been watching this post since Michael was alone in his question with no responses. I don't wish to violate and any forum policies--I realize I'm a guest in this house, but I should also point out that I'm a longterm Logos customer/user as well. In fact, my first purchase of Logos titles actually predates my first Accordance purchase because I only used Windows in the early nineties. 

Anyway, while I could write an extensive rebuttal to some of what's been posted here, I don't believe that's appropriate to do. I'm not suggesting anyone switch platforms; but I would suggest, Michael, that if you really want to get a fair shake on your question, you post it in the Accordance forums as well. There, contrary to what Mark Smith noted from his anecdotal evidence, you will find users who have switched platforms in "other" directions (again, I'm not suggesting anyone do that) and users who are familiar with both programs who might have a difference of opinion as to the strengths of each for original language study. 

Thanks for the advice, I'll post on the Accordance forum to continue this discussion.

Posts 1645
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 24 2015 10:57 AM

I think I have not seen a true computer based Greek/Hebrew/Latin/Aramaic/Syriac/etc. learning tool by any software provider. Something that combines text, audio, graphics, pictures and video. Having exams and perhaps with a minefield type vocabulary game?

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS