Recommended Commentaries for my Library would you all for me?

Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 22 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1355
Edwin Bowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 27 2015 3:42 PM

Greg Corbin:

One more thought, for a "well rounded library" don't overlook excellent dictionaries. Get the IVP Dictionary series and the ISBE to complement the Baker dictionaries you already have.

The 8 vol. IVP Dictionary set is excellent. Because of its focus on each particular part of Scripture, it provides detailed unique insight. Nothing else duplicates it. You might also review the IVP Essentials Collection which has get resources and includes part of the IVP Dictionaries. 

Posts 3937
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 27 2015 7:36 PM

As I recall, Nicot/nt, wbc, tgntc, nivac and some of the tyndale volumes are generally at the top of the best commentaries list.

I have, like and use EBC (the old one), as well as Nicot/nt. I have a couple of volumes of WBC as well as some NIVAC on my Kindle (1.99 each for a while). I also own TGNTC, but can't remember anything about it specifically. What I have of IVP I really like as well. Tyndale is on the list of things to get, WBC maybe eventually as my original language skills improve. 

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 19
Rickey Lamphere | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 30 2015 4:07 PM

Thank You everyone for the great ideas for commentaries I need for my Library. Thank You!

God Bless, Rickey Lamphere

Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS