Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2212
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Apr 7 2015 4:24 PM

In the media browser, you can search by verse, eg James 2:1 but not simply by chapter James 2. It would be helpful to have the latter and not simply the former.

Down the side there are a variety of ways to narrow the selection of images: language, media collection, tags, kind, author, biblical places, biblical things, biblical events, biblical concepts, preaching themes, and universal timelines. But, I am surprised that there are no biblical books and then down to chapter level.... 

Posts 9137
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 7 2015 4:26 PM

Damian McGrath:
It would be helpful to have the latter and not simply the former.

Be sure to enclose the reference in angle brackets:

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 2212
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 7 2015 4:28 PM

Thanks Mark. I obviously don;t do enough searching.

Why does James 2:1 work but not just James 2?

Posts 9137
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 7 2015 4:39 PM

Damian McGrath:
Why does James 2:1 work but not just James 2?

Try <James 2:1>. I think you'll see additional results. I suspect it might have to do with how Faithlife tagged the various sorts of media it has.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 791
LogosEmployee
Eli Evans (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 9 2015 10:18 AM

Without the angle brackets it's just matching the string of characters "James 2:1". Nothing currently happens to have the string "James 2" in its tags.

In other parts of the software, we automatically up-convert your search to include the angle brackets if you forgot them, but the Media Browser uses a different search back-end (because complicated technical reasons) that doesn't yet have this nicety. Sorry for any inconvenience there.

Posts 9229
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 9 2015 12:05 PM

Eli Evans:

that doesn't yet have this nicety.

i like it that you said "yet" for that gives hope for the future. 

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 791
LogosEmployee
Eli Evans (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 9 2015 12:10 PM

Yep, yep.

"Everywhere is within walking distance if you have the time." -- Steven Wright

Posts 3007
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 20 2017 11:51 AM

Damian McGrath:

In the media browser, you can search by verse, eg James 2:1 but not simply by chapter James 2. It would be helpful to have the latter and not simply the former.

Down the side there are a variety of ways to narrow the selection of images: language, media collection, tags, kind, author, biblical places, biblical things, biblical events, biblical concepts, preaching themes, and universal timelines. But, I am surprised that there are no biblical books and then down to chapter level.... 

This should be improved in 7.5 (7.5.0.0031).

Posts 177
Andrew Zoll | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 23 2017 11:53 AM

Philana R. Crouch:

This should be improved in 7.5 (7.5.0.0031).

Indeed. I noticed it automatically corrects each search to have angle brackets. That should prevents some headaches.

💻MacBook Pro (15-inch 2018) | 2.9 GHz i9 6 core | 32GB RAM | Radeon Pro Vega 20 4 GB Graphics | 1TB SSD💻
💾MacOS Catalina 10.15 Beta (19A4871)💾
🎁Logos 7 Portfolio🎁
⌨Logos 7 Extended Feature Set⌨
🌐Logos Now🌐

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS