Friendly competition

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1753
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Apr 10 2015 9:44 AM

The mouse pointer is at MT, in 1 Cor 9:20, and in it "...accessed via Accordance..".

I actually have it in my Logos library, would prefer to access it directly Hmm

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 11

Posts 30851
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 10 2015 10:13 AM

Funny. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 9553
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 10 2015 10:36 AM

A search gives lots of hits for Accordance. The ones I've checked are all references to this same text. Should be simple for Faithlife to clean up.if they want to.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 492
R. Mansfield | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 10 2015 10:49 AM

Mark Smith:

A search gives lots of hits for Accordance. The ones I've checked are all references to this same text. Should be simple for Faithlife to clean up.if they want to.

In regard to the CNTTS, the reference to Accordance is part of the copyrighted text. It's not something that can legally be "clean[ed] up."

RMansfield@mac.com
http://thislamp.com 
youtube.com/user/rfmansfield
twitter/thislamp
facebook.com/rmansfield

Posts 9553
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 10 2015 12:01 PM

R. Mansfield:
In regard to the CNTTS, the reference to Accordance is part of the copyrighted text. It's not something that can legally be "clean[ed] up."

No it can't if that is the case. Logos produced the text as well, and the copyright holders of the MT have liberal reproduction terms. Seems a bit strange to have it tied to Accordance only (in spite of your connection with them).

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 492
R. Mansfield | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 10 2015 12:08 PM

My point was not in terms to the creators of the Byzantine Majority Text, but rather to the creators of the CNTTS, who chose to include the reference to Accordance in the bibliographical material. Not that any of this is a big deal.

It is true that I am "connected" with Accordance, but I'm also a Logos customer and have even been published in Bible Study Magazine, so I reserve the right to speak up from the shadows now and then :-)

RMansfield@mac.com
http://thislamp.com 
youtube.com/user/rfmansfield
twitter/thislamp
facebook.com/rmansfield

Posts 6010
Simon’s Brother | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 10 2015 1:00 PM

Not strange at all Mark.  The author is acknowledging the source material that was accessed in compiling this resource.  I've seen this before and thought nothing of it.

Mark Smith:

R. Mansfield:

No it can't if that is the case. Logos produced the text as well, and the copyright holders of the MT have liberal reproduction terms. Seems a bit strange to have it tied to Accordance only (in spite of your connection with them).

Posts 1753
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 10 2015 1:33 PM

Disciple of Christ (doc):
The author is acknowledging the source material that was accessed in compiling this resource.

Ok, now I understand it.

But I still would like to have the "MT" link to open the same resource in my Logos just by clicking.

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 11

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS