Modern English Version (MEV) Release

Page 1 of 1 (17 items)
This post has 16 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3
Phil Brown | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Apr 12 2015 11:11 PM

When are you going to release this bible version Logos? I see some folks have pre-orders as much as 7 months ago. When will you finally release this version?

Posts 30969
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 13 2015 12:21 AM

Philip, I see you are relatively new to the forums. Seven months is not a particularly long time for a Bible (or other book) to be in "under development" status. Bibles, especially require a great deal of coding and be slow being released depending upon their versification, the promised features etc. Faithlife as a matter of policy does not usually provide information on release dates until a date has been set that they are confident will be met. Too often, users treated the date as a promise not and estimate which discouraged Faithlife from providing estimates.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 5316
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 13 2015 9:22 AM

Just to let you know Philip, the MEV is not currently being worked on. More interest in this translations (commitments to buy) are needed before they will even have it in their queue  to start working on it. https://www.logos.com/product/43990/modern-english-version you will notice if you go to the page it is labeled as gathering interest which mean that likely many more pre-orders will be needed before they decide weather or not to get it. This Pre-Pub system is designed to make sure there is a market for product before going to the trouble to sign a contract and produce it. I just wanted to explain the process more clearly since this the MEV may never be coming.

-Dan

Posts 30969
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 13 2015 12:31 PM

Thanks Dan. I should have checked the status.Embarrassed

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2665
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 13 2015 5:18 PM

For the time being you can access the MEV online. Not nearly as convenient, but something I did while waiting on another translation to get into Logos. 

I'd like to see the MEV in Logos as well. It's so new that it's still not yet well served in print editions either. I wanted a copy with decent-sized print and haven't found one yet. 

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 2073
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 13 2015 6:29 PM

The video that talks about the MEV is worth watching.

Posts 3
Phil Brown | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 14 2015 5:13 AM

Thanks. I have been a Logos user for several years now, but I was not aware that they would pre-sell products before they were even beginning to work on them. I was wondering what the gathering interest meant, I just figured it might mean that this pre-sale product was slowly gathering interest as a "best seller" so to say. I am looking forward to the release of this translation. I have been using it online and in print version, but would much rather have it available in Logos, since I have already invested so much into the system. 

Thanks again for the reply,

Blessings,

Phil Brown

Posts 11372
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 14 2015 5:28 AM

Phil, 

there's a description about how PrePub works available at https://www.logos.com/prepub/about - however, Logos has sometimes put products on PrePub and started working on them nevertheless - e.g. when they wanted to put them into base packages, or when they had other committments to produce the resource (such as the many journal packages), or perhaps even when it fit efficiently within a batch of similar resources and they knew they would produce it anyhow at a point in time. So we don't know for sure that nothing has been done towards this translation - but it's a conservative estimate. In some cases, PrePubs may linger for years and some have been taken away and not been produced at all.  

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 85
Anthony Keating | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 14 2015 7:16 AM

Dear MAB,

Have you got the link for the MEV?

Thanks

Tony

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 14 2015 7:18 AM

Here you go, Anthony:

https://www.logos.com/product/43990/modern-english-version 

Posts 28913
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 14 2015 7:25 AM

Anthony Keating:
Have you got the link for the MEV?

https://www.biblegateway.com/versions/Modern-English-Version-MEV-Bible/ 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 85
Anthony Keating | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 14 2015 11:56 AM

Thanks guys.

Posts 6
Stephen Gaffney | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2015 11:19 AM

The MEV pre-pub page says, "almost there". Does that mean Logos is working on the production of this Bible? Or, does it mean they'll start working on it once they garner more interest? Thanks so much.

Posts 28913
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2015 11:26 AM

sgaffney:

The MEV pre-pub page says, "almost there". Does that mean Logos is working on the production of this Bible? Or, does it mean they'll start working on it once they garner more interest? Thanks so much.

If you are looking for a definitive answer, It means... we don't know. It simply means that enough people have committed to buying it at the pre-pub price. The next step is for it to go "under contract." Typically this means that production won't BEGIN until that point, but that isn't always the case. Sometimes, for example, FL may know that they will include a resource in future base packages and start working on a resource earlier than expected. As far as your expectations should go, you should be prepared for a long wait, understanding that you may be surprised with an earlier release.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 298
LogosEmployee
Matthew Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2015 11:28 AM

We begin production on products when they reach 100% on Pre-Pub (or when the thermometer turns green).

As noted, there some exceptions to that rule. But when there is we (usually) skip the Gathering Interest phase and list it as Under Development from the start.

For example: https://www.logos.com/product/55573/crucial-questions-upgrade 

Posts 5316
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2015 11:34 AM

No Almost There means it has almost enough interest shown in it to go and sign a contract to start production. I know how incredibly frustrating it can be for how long it can take to get things into production... The good news is that once it goes to under development I would guess it will be out almost immediately. We only know a percentage. We do not know how many more orders are needed. I mean if it is 90% of 1000 pre orders then you only have to convince another 100 to order it to get FL to start working on it... 

-Dan

Posts 5316
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2015 7:19 PM

Matthew Miller:

We begin production on products when they reach 100% on Pre-Pub (or when the thermometer turns green).

As noted, there some exceptions to that rule. But when there is we (usually) skip the Gathering Interest phase and list it as Under Development from the start.

For example: https://www.logos.com/product/55573/crucial-questions-upgrade 

And sometimes the information is just wrong like Encyclopaedia Britannica Collection, which  is being worked on even though it is only listed as gathering interest.

-Dan

Page 1 of 1 (17 items) | RSS