Different behaviour of Bible references in notes

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 24638
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Apr 14 2015 8:49 AM

I noticed something earlier which I hadn't seen before - and trying to understand it

If I enter a Bible reference in a note, a hyperlink is created. If I hover over the reference I get a popup showing the verse and an option to "Ctrl-Click" to open the passage. (I think on Mac - where i saw it - you need to right-click and then select open hyperlink)

Whereas if I create a note by reference then there is a hyperlink automatically created as part of the note title. Hovering over that again shows the verse / passage and single-clicking on it opens the passage.

I understand that these are different things (one is a note header, one is a hyperlink) but is there any particular reason why you need to do different things to get to the Bible reference?

Thanks, Graham 

Posts 3770
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 14 2015 10:42 AM

I think that it reflects the relative proximity of the reference to the note. The link of a Bible note is more "immediate" because it is intrinsic to it, whereas notes in the note text are not. As a result, it is more important to limit accidental clicking on references in the note body (that would open corresponding windows when you just wanted to preview them). That's my take on it, anyway. 

Posts 26590
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 30 2015 6:38 PM

Hi Graham

Is this any clearer?

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 24638
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 30 2015 11:17 PM

Hi Dave

Dave Hooton:
Is this any clearer?

Not really.

It still seems like an unnecessary distinction to me requiring different actions to get to a reference depending on whether it is in the note "header" or the body of the note.

It's not a big issue but just trying to understand why it is the case.

Graham

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS